Quantcast
Carrots, cucumbers etc. no problem. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Carrots, cucumbers etc. no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by wenus2 View Post
    lol, a swimming pool?
    Every day at midnight our dishwasher and 2 of his friends dip the table in the pool we got in the back. Some of our guests complained about this but who cares - we need a clean table for prep-work!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Peco View Post
    People are often talking about cuttingboards and edge retention ... I might be lucky compared to others? This is my "cuttingboard" for veggie prep ...
    i have the same cutting board.lol

Quote Originally Posted by Peco View Post
    Every day at midnight our dishwasher and 2 of his friends dip the table in the pool we got in the back. Some of our guests complained about this but who cares - we need a clean table for prep-work!!!
    That is so weird.

Quote Originally Posted by johndoughy View Post
    That is so weird.
    It's just Danish humor - it was a joke - would look funny though lol

Senior Member/ Internet Hooligan
    It was a joke?! Dude, I just took my BoardSmith to the gym and did a few laps with it, what the f*ck!!

You must b kidding me ...

These things show up in various lengths occasionally on Craigslist.
    I have even seen sections of bowling lanes for sale (prolly exceptionally tough on the knives)

Don't like the size or need resurfacing?
    Just take it to your local mill like ThEoRy said and if you aren't in a rush they should get around to it during a slow time.

All I can say is: I luv this table

I was lucky enough to a get a maple end-grain table that is 6' long. My uncle was a butcher and scored it somewhere once upon a time, it's prolly ~50 years old. It is against that wall in my storage currently, but someday I will have a kitchen big enough to accomodate it. Maybe build an island out of it? That will be the day......
    Not sure how flat it is, it was used commercially and has since been (at least) sanded down so that it is fairly smooth. Gona have to take a yard stick to it I guess.
    -Enjoy the ride. *** All statements made herein are my personal opinion and nothing more, regardless of tone or context. ***