Carrots, cucumbers etc. no problem.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peco

Banned
Reaction score
People are often talking about cuttingboards and edge retention ... I might be lucky compared to others? This is my "cuttingboard" for veggie prep ...

IMG_0038.jpg

Times where I wish I had one of those when I do my prep at work. Damn poly. Long live wood.

I have two tables like this at my job and I don't know how many decades old they are. After last year I decided it was time to send em to the mill. There were so many deep valleys in them It became a pain to do anything on them. After they came back perfectly flat I oiled and waxed them good as new. May they bring another 60 years of service!!

As theory says they will last a decade - or five - after a refurbish. These tables are normally used by pasteryworkers / bakers and are build to handle a lot of abuse. Worth every penny for sure. And did I mention the electric height adjustment??? Very nice feature :D

lol, a swimming pool?

Every day at midnight our dishwasher and 2 of his friends dip the table in the pool we got in the back. Some of our guests complained about this but who cares - we need a clean table for prep-work!!! :D

People are often talking about cuttingboards and edge retention ... I might be lucky compared to others? This is my "cuttingboard" for veggie prep ...

i have the same cutting board.lol

Every day at midnight our dishwasher and 2 of his friends dip the table in the pool we got in the back. Some of our guests complained about this but who cares - we need a clean table for prep-work!!! :D

That is so weird.

These things show up in various lengths occasionally on Craigslist.
I have even seen sections of bowling lanes for sale (prolly exceptionally tough on the knives)

Don't like the size or need resurfacing?
Just take it to your local mill like ThEoRy said and if you aren't in a rush they should get around to it during a slow time.

I was lucky enough to a get a maple end-grain table that is 6' long. My uncle was a butcher and scored it somewhere once upon a time, it's prolly ~50 years old. It is against that wall in my storage currently, but someday I will have a kitchen big enough to accomodate it. Maybe build an island out of it? That will be the day......
Not sure how flat it is, it was used commercially and has since been (at least) sanded down so that it is fairly smooth. Gona have to take a yard stick to it I guess.

These things show up in various lengths occasionally on Craigslist.
I have even seen sections of bowling lanes for sale (prolly exceptionally tough on the knives)

Don't like the size or need resurfacing?
Just take it to your local mill like ThEoRy said and if you aren't in a rush they should get around to it during a slow time.

Good point, I should add that this was during my off season so I just dropped it off and forgot about it for a few weeks.

I inherited three. I'm using one, have one in storage and made a bar top out of the other.

http://
scotts039.jpg

Back