do you use Convection oven more often than not?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boomchakabowwow

Reaction score
is it just a browning thing?

for example a cast iron pot of beans or a stew. waste of electricity? or will it move air around the cast iron and heat it more evenly?

I assume you are talking about a home oven with a convection feature?

Curious about this as I've been considering one.

I always use convection except for baking certain cakes. Heat circulates more evenly in my oven with convection and I get way more browning.

+1 on more even heat dispersement. I like to braise with my convection. IT gets hotter quicker and it seems to cook more evenly.

I used to do a lot of baking and even with my convection oven I still rotated the pans and noticed that there was benefit to this, probably because I was doing 4 (two side by side on each rack) muffin pans at a time.

For most cooking where I'm not using the full size oven I use my breville smart oven with the convection enabled

EDIT- in addition to rotating I also swapped upper and lower rack positions part way

I love my convection ovens. Use them for most things except baking breads & such, although I'm tempted to give that a shot. What others said--even temps, better browning. And the most wonderful thing--if you have leftover fried food it gets crispy again when you reheat with convection. One of the most important tools in the kitchen, IMHO.

Back