Restaurants in Dallas?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My wife and I are going to Dallas for a couple of weeks for some medical stuff and will be living out of a hotel.

I know there are some Texans on here. Any recommendations for restaurants?

k.

Yeah Pyles and some BBQ should be up on my list. The last time I was there I ate at Teppo sushi bar and liked it. But that was the only place I remember really.

k.

Since moving here in January the place I've eaten the most times is Vietnam Restaurant on bryan st.
If you're into Pho you'll dig it.

Good bbq in dallas? Not a chance. (Just kidding by the way...I just never ever ever ate BBQ in dallas mainly because the BBQ in ft. worth was sooo dang good.) I'm from Ft. Worth west 45minutes on I-20 or I-30.

Go here: http://www.angelosbbq.com/

or

Here: www.railheadonline.com

for killer bbq. Brisket at both spots is amazing. BBQ bologna sandwich is also truly truly amazing.

Also head to Central Market off of Central Expressway...amazing grocery store with lots of tasty food to eat there and a killer beer selection.

http://www.centralmarket.com/Stores/Dallas.aspx

G

Yes, I know central market well. I used to go to the one in Houston and I have also been to the one in Dallas. I'll definitely check out the FTW bbq joints.

k.

Sushi Sam(where I used to work) has the best fish in DFW, because our customers let us order the good, fresh stuff(protip: stick to the sushi bar when ordering).

I just recently had some of the best barbeque I've had in years for a great price at a tiny, VERY Texas place called Red Barn Barbeque on Highway 26 in the midcities. The building is the 2nd oldest house in the city it's in, it was a home, then a saddle shop, then a bbq joint.

So I am now in Dallas. Last night I ate at Tre Wilcox's new place, Marquee Grill, and I just got back from Royal China. The dumplings were really good, but the guy who pulls the noodles was off, so no noodles for me. Still want to get to a couple of sushi places, Eamon's old haunt Sushi Sam, Teppo, or Sushi Sake. Tomorrow for lunch I think I am going to hit Afrah.

k.

Why not go local and try some southwestern fare:

http://www.stephanpyles.com/

He's a great guy and an awesome chef. You must have the Heaven and Hell cake for dessert.

Went to Pyles tonight, but couldn't fit dessert into my slothful, bloated body after a cowboy cut steak.

k.

Btw, that was my wife's and my first (significant) night out alone since having our little girl 8.5 months ago.

Went to Pyles tonight, but couldn't fit dessert into my slothful, bloated body after a cowboy cut steak.

k.

Btw, that was my wife's and my first (significant) night out alone since having our little girl 8.5 months ago.

I'm glad that you went and enjoyed it. I love the cowboy steak too!

Latest posts

Back