• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Cabbage kiri, kashiwa deba, Tosagata petty/ika

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bishamon

Reaction score
More rare special order knives here. First is a 210mm Watanabe cabbage knife in blue#2. It's a little thinner than his gyutos, and has a very curved profile for the rollingest chop ever. Traditionally used for cutting cabbage out of the fields, too. A cool knife that no company makes normally anymore. Very good condition.
Cabbage knife $185 shipped CONUS

The kashiwa deba is 180mm in white#2 from Ichimonji. It has a polished spine and is like-new condition. This type of deba is thick like a normal deba for most of the length, but has a flatter blade profile (although it does curve some). The tip is thinner and sharper than a normal deba. It is used most often with poultry and for skinning, but I have used it on a fish too. It is not meant to replace a garasuki, since the tip is thin for getting under skin.
Kashiwa deba $180 shipped

Lastly is a Tosagata ikasaki bocho in blue steel in like-new condition. It is basically a petty knife with a different heel. The cutting edge is a little under 140mm (5.25 inch). Quite thin and light, and hand-forged and hammered. I have another one of these I got from Jon that I'm keeping.
Ika petty $50 shipped.

Right click view image for full size

Cabbagekiri
IMG_3912.jpg

IMG_3916.jpg

IMG_3917.jpg

IMG_3918.jpg

Deba
IMG_3919.jpg

IMG_3921.jpg

IMG_3922.jpg

IMG_3923.jpg

IMG_3924.jpg

Ika
IMG_3925.jpg

IMG_3926.jpg

I'll throw out another one here. It's a 170mm Tosagata hakata (inasa) bocho in blue steel. It's basically a kiritsuke-shaped santoku, and is an all-purpose knife. It tapers and gets thinner toward the tip.
Tosagata hakata/inasa $50 shipped

IMG_3928.jpg

IMG_3929.jpg

IMG_3930.jpg

Nathan. You and I are no longer on speaking terms. You, sir, are a bad bad man with awesome, awesome knives.

I have another one of these hakata in blue#1 with an ebony handle...I can let this one go.

I'll take the Hakata if its still available

Thread necromancy.

Cabbage kiri and Kashiwa deba still here -- $110 shipped each.
Affordable enough to try out something different :dancecool: .

The F&F on the deba looks really good. What a steal.

Man that cabbage knife looks like it would be a great sushikiri for large Maki rolls.

Back