End of 3rd Quarter Sale (9/27 - 9/30)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
The end of the third quarter for this year is coming at the end of this month. At that time my boss will be auditing the books to determine the profitability of the knife handle woods segment of the business. Information from this will determine the budget I have to work with for the coming quarter.

As long as I am able to keep more money coming in than I have going out he let's me continue running Burl Source as a division of It's a Burl. The better the sales volume, the more he allows me to spend getting new woods for knife makers and having them stabilized.

To date, sales for this quarter have been good. Each quarter they have increased thanks to you guys. So Thank You. I figured if we had a storewide sale for the last 3 days of the quarter it would increase the numbers enough that I could get an increase in my budget.

This link will take you to the sale.

For 3 days everything in the webstore is marked down.
At the time of writing this there are;
25 Natural wood blocks that include Ironwood, Ringed Gidgee & Mulga
235 Stabilized Wood Blocks in burl and figured woods
80 Dyed/Stabilized Blocks in different colors
30 Sets of Natural Wood Scales, most are Desert Ironwood
55 Sets of Stabilized Wood Scales with more being added

Just a quick heads up to you guys.
I am about to start adding some really really nice Koa scales to the webstore that will be included in the sale.
They would be real good on a western style knife.

So far the sale has been going real good. Thank You.
A couple days and lots of good pieces are left.
If you have any questions on anything, feel free to call me 541-592-5071

There will be more tomorrow.
I knife maker just showed up who was on vacation headed for the coast.
He and his wife grabbed some of the really good stuff before I could get it posted.

Now I really need to sell a lot.
I just spent $1000 on some ironwood burl.
Sight unseen.
:shocked3:

Thats awesome, You know I love Ironwood, and if its a BURL, I like it even more usually! Now will someone please buy the killer figured set of Koa I linked above so I dont have to spend my kids lunch money on wood again? LOL Im joking.. I have never done that.. well maybe once.. :D

Shoot me some pics when you get the iron wood will ya Mark?

For the last day of the sale I have increased the discount you will get.
To make the extra discount work with the store software I had to change the end date of the sale until tomorrow.
Now on the remaining pieces the prices are even lower than before.

Free Shipping Worldwide

Here are some photos of some of the stabilized blocks that were still available as of this morning. There are also a lot of stabilized scales not shown here.

Really Good Stabilized Redwood Burl
11.jpg

10.jpg

12.jpg

Lots of real nice Stabilized Curly Koa
9.jpg

8.jpg

A mix of other stabilized woods
7.jpg

More Mixed Stabilized Woods
1-8.jpg

Stabilized Walnut
2-4.jpg

Stabilized Maple
3-1.jpg

And a lot of unusual dyed and stabilized woods
6.jpg

5.jpg

4-1.jpg

All of you have made this a really good sale so far.
The extra sale end discount is just an extra in case there was something else you wanted to get.
After the sale I have to start getting things ready for the Boise Knife Show at the end of October.

Thank You Everyone!

Latest posts

Back