Thread: Moving Party?

Still Plays With Blocks
    Home Furnishings Capital of the World, High Point, NC

Moving Party?

Well, the good news is that I have given verbal approval to a new landlord for a new shop. This one is closer to home, smaller but still will be very useful. I took the time to measure the new shop and make a scale drawing to see how or if the equipment would fit. The good news is that it will, just a little tighter than what I have been accustomed to in the last 14 months.

Today the rental agent delivered their 30 day notice to vacate so I have until October 26 before I have to be out. I plan to move starting on 10/14 and 10/15 then spend the next two weeks setting up the new shop for work. I doubt it will take that long but I have allowed time for unexpected things to pop up. I hate the thought of moving but it is something I can't get around. At least this time the equipment I have is already set up and I won't have anything new delivered that requires putting together before use.

For current orders, I will fill and ship them this week and next planning to get everything I can out so there isn't anything hanging over my head. So if anyone is wondering about an order, I will get it out as scheduled.

Once the new shop is operating, I will post photos. Thanks for your patience.
    David - Formerly The BoardSMITH
    Now just retired and looking for work

Awesome news! I think working closer to home is a big improvement.

I have to say, I'm pretty happy the board I ordered is coming in sooner rather than later, but no rush at all! I like buying from people free to take their time and enjoy their lives.

Congrats and good luck. No rush on my boards either.

hope the old landlord gets a rash ........ and the new place feel like home soon..
    bill [from ecg,,,, hope you and your bride can make it next year ]

That's great news Dave!! I wish you all the best in the new shop.

A little tighter than what you are accustom to is still pretty friggin big to the rest of us. Best of luck with the move!