Quantcast
Oopsie!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oopsie!

Oopsie!

I was working on the wa handle for my honesuki project yesterday, and decided to slice the handle lengthwise and cut a groove in each half to provide a place for the tang of the blade. The first side was no problem, however I had a small miscalculation on the second half. I now have a nice groove in the side of the middle finger of my left hand.
    The good news is that the handle piece was not destroyed so I don't have to start over from scratch!
    Moral of the story: power tools are dangerous.
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Ouch! I hope you're okay.

Thanks for the thought! It goes with the foot bone that hasn't healed after 10 weeks. This too shall pass.....................
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

One day I mind try my hand At a rehandle and I hope I don't lose a finger

They tell me that that it will fill back in! I have converted to almost exclusive hand tool use, butt that blade on the table saw was just the perfect thickness for the slot that I wanted to make..............
    Spike C
    Pirsig

ouch! a friend reciently was doing some hardwood flooring for a customer who was sitting on his shoulder, a seconds inattention, he got a nice groove down the center of his middle finger as a reminder. They had to remove some bone, but the plastic surgeon fixed it up nice. He just got no sensation in his finger tip now.

Feel free to visit my website, http://www.rodrigueknives.com
    Email pierre@rodrigueknives.com

Senior Member/ Internet Hooligan
    Quote Originally Posted by SpikeC View Post
    I was working on the wa handle for my honesuki project yesterday, and decided to slice the handle lengthwise and cut a groove in each half to provide a place for the tang of the blade. The first side was no problem, however I had a small miscalculation on the second half. I now have a nice groove in the side of the middle finger of my left hand.
    The good news is that the handle piece was not destroyed so I don't have to start over from scratch!
    Moral of the story: power tools are dangerous.
    Pics or it didn't happen!

It is covered up, butt I could show the meat.......
    Spike C
    Pirsig

Just changed the dressing........
    Spike C
    Pirsig

Senior Member/ Internet Hooligan
    D'oh!

+ Reply to Thread