Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oopsie!

Oopsie!

I was working on the wa handle for my honesuki project yesterday, and decided to slice the handle lengthwise and cut a groove in each half to provide a place for the tang of the blade. The first side was no problem, however I had a small miscalculation on the second half. I now have a nice groove in the side of the middle finger of my left hand.
    The good news is that the handle piece was not destroyed so I don't have to start over from scratch!
    Moral of the story: power tools are dangerous.
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Ouch! I hope you're okay.

Thanks for the thought! It goes with the foot bone that hasn't healed after 10 weeks. This too shall pass.....................
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

One day I mind try my hand At a rehandle and I hope I don't lose a finger

They tell me that that it will fill back in! I have converted to almost exclusive hand tool use, butt that blade on the table saw was just the perfect thickness for the slot that I wanted to make..............
    Spike C
    Pirsig

ouch! a friend reciently was doing some hardwood flooring for a customer who was sitting on his shoulder, a seconds inattention, he got a nice groove down the center of his middle finger as a reminder. They had to remove some bone, but the plastic surgeon fixed it up nice. He just got no sensation in his finger tip now.

Senior Member/ Internet Hooligan
    Quote Originally Posted by SpikeC View Post
    I was working on the wa handle for my honesuki project yesterday, and decided to slice the handle lengthwise and cut a groove in each half to provide a place for the tang of the blade. The first side was no problem, however I had a small miscalculation on the second half. I now have a nice groove in the side of the middle finger of my left hand.
    The good news is that the handle piece was not destroyed so I don't have to start over from scratch!
    Moral of the story: power tools are dangerous.
    Pics or it didn't happen!

It is covered up, butt I could show the meat.......
    Spike C
    Pirsig

Just changed the dressing........
    Spike C
    Pirsig

Senior Member/ Internet Hooligan
    D'oh!