Shigefusas in Australia

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ynot1985

Reaction score
There's always rumours that Australia might as well be recalled the land of the shigs..

I want to ask our Oz members about how many shigs you own so we can have an idea if this rumour is true or not . Honest answers please.

I personally have 13

Just a dozen with me at the moment, have purchased about 20.

Have probably had at least 5 at different times, currently have zero

4 kitaejis. Still searching for the 270mm sujihiki and a kiritsuki

EDIT : used to be 5 but sold a kasumi yanagiba to a KFF member

Hope it works better than the census that the Aust Beuro of Stats just ran!😆

Yeah, I read about that. This census is an interesting idea. I would be curious about the geographic spread of Katos too. I wonder if more high-end makers knives end up outside Japan than stay in the country. Also, on a different note, I'm glad those nakiris Maxsim put up are finally gone, yesterday was a struggle in impulse control.

Yeah, I read about that. This census is an interesting idea. I would be curious about the geographic spread of Katos too. I wonder if more high-end makers knives end up outside Japan than stay in the country. Also, on a different note, I'm glad those nakiris Maxsim put up are finally gone, yesterday was a struggle in impulse control.

The KU ones?

I know a few places that still have the KU ones if you still have the urge to get one lol

I love the shig nakiri so much I actually bought two lol. One still unused tho 😂😂

I love the shig nakiri so much I actually bought two lol. One still unused tho 😂😂

Oh I have no doubt they're great, but I have a deficit of dollars. Plus, my current apartment is small and its difficult to hide the overflow of knives from the missus. Maybe if I just pry up a floorboard...oh wait that ****'s laminate...

Also, sorry I've derailed the point of the thread slightly!

Oh god... did he just say that? Isn't that immediate deportation?

Like for those that have none, at least we can use ignorance as our excuse....

Ha - I think its just because I care about it less... (also much beefier / less finesse which better suits the tasks I use it for)

Back