Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tanaka Ginsan and Blue 2 Stainless

I assumed the KU tanaka Gyuto had similar grind to nashiji because they're both big bevel knives.

Blue 2 stainless clad is what's up. The old cladding on what was a pretty solid knife was trash (at least the one I had 3 years ago). Handle was pretty crap too. So new cladding and a better handle is a major come up

I believe I read James say that the stainless was closer to the blue 2 damascus...but not sure where I saw it.
    once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

i will update their respective specs asap!

WWW.KNIVESANDSTONES.COM
    Youtube Channel,Instagram
    gtalk: knivesandstones at gmail dot com

James, can you add choil shots of the Tanakas on your website?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruso View Post
    James, can you add choil shots of the Tanakas on your website?
    IMO, choil shots on Tanaka are seriously misleading and likely don't very well represent the true geometry of the knives...everyone I've had looks from the choil to be made for a lefty but all cut great from the right.
    once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

OK, I've got two new knives (and the other is a full custom) so it's been hard to get much time with my new migaki Ginsan...that said, I did split duties tonight and have to say that this Tanaka is different than any other Tanaka I've tried but I really like it. It has just enough convexity to ease stiction quite a bit...and it's thin enough to glide right through product...used it on onions, garlic, potatoes, turnips, multiple peppers, carrots and mushrooms and can honestly say I'm very impressed.

Next up will be a stainless Blue 2:-)

I think this (migaki/ginsan) is going to be a great line, thanks James!

Thanks Jim!

I agree that the choil shot of Tanaka tells minimal of what it actually does.

WWW.KNIVESANDSTONES.COM
    Youtube Channel,Instagram
    gtalk: knivesandstones at gmail dot com

These are really great knives. I'm loving the 270 stainless/blue. I can't believe how well it cuts. It feels beefy but just falls through everything. The edges on both migaki and stainless/blue seem to be holding up well on plastic boards.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleep View Post
    These are really great knives. I'm loving the 270 stainless/blue. I can't believe how well it cuts. It feels beefy but just falls through everything. The edges on both migaki and stainless/blue seem to be holding up well on plastic boards.
    You dog you! ...You got them both. I should've done the same. I'm a little jealous for the SS/B2. (But why plastic boards?)

I'm too loving the ginsan Migaki. Two days of some very heavy prep at work and I couldn't be happier. Can't wait to get it on the stones too see how that'll go?