Quantcast
New Kitchen kit
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Kitchen kit

New Kitchen kit

Just thought I'd share a couple pics of the new and improved kit for the house.

New 14 x 24 walnut board from Dave + Kikuichi TKC 240 (forced patina). Both board and gyuto are top-notch and definitely make cooking at home way more fun.

New Shaptons (1000 + 4000) and a homemade leather strop loaded with chromium oxide. I'm still getting the hang of the correct stropping angle....seems like sometimes I nail it and other times I roll the edge off .

New Dickoron polished hone. This seems to be only useful the first couple of times that honing is needed just after sharping on the stones. I tried to use it at work after long prep sessions and it wasn't effective at all....I'm not sure how long I'll keep it to be honest.

Lastly, a new magnetic holder. $12 and works well. Now I just need a few more knives to fill it up

NICE!!

Love the choice of board! Damn!! Dave really makes some great boards. Nice patina Guyto! AND NICE KITCHEN

The board is crazy awesome, you can really see Dave's attention to detail. I'm 3 second "wowed" every time I look at it. Glad I didn't go budget on this. Thanks oivind_dahle!

Quote Originally Posted by macmiddlebrooks View Post
    New Dickoron polished hone. This seems to be only useful the first couple of times that honing is needed just after sharping on the stones. I tried to use it at work after long prep sessions and it wasn't effective at all....I'm not sure how long I'll keep it to be honest.

At least it says "Dick Polish" on it...that counts for something...right?
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyChance View Post
    At least it says "Dick Polish" on it...that counts for something...right?

+ Reply to Thread