Media New Kitchen kit

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just thought I'd share a couple pics of the new and improved kit for the house.

New 14 x 24 walnut board from Dave + Kikuichi TKC 240 (forced patina). Both board and gyuto are top-notch and definitely make cooking at home way more fun.

6192695434_08f8b62813_b.jpg

New Shaptons (1000 + 4000) and a homemade leather strop loaded with chromium oxide. I'm still getting the hang of the correct stropping angle....seems like sometimes I nail it and other times I roll the edge off :(.

6192178847_03f3be6801_z.jpg

New Dickoron polished hone. This seems to be only useful the first couple of times that honing is needed just after sharping on the stones. I tried to use it at work after long prep sessions and it wasn't effective at all....I'm not sure how long I'll keep it to be honest.

6192695864_6ed1e8e49e.jpg

Lastly, a new magnetic holder. $12 and works well. Now I just need a few more knives to fill it up :biggrin:

6192179289_1321a8419c_z.jpg

NICE!!

Love the choice of board! Damn!! Dave really makes some great boards. Nice patina Guyto! AND NICE KITCHEN :)

The board is crazy awesome, you can really see Dave's attention to detail. I'm 3 second "wowed" every time I look at it. Glad I didn't go budget on this. Thanks oivind_dahle!

New Dickoron polished hone. This seems to be only useful the first couple of times that honing is needed just after sharping on the stones. I tried to use it at work after long prep sessions and it wasn't effective at all....I'm not sure how long I'll keep it to be honest.

6192695864_6ed1e8e49e.jpg

At least it says "Dick Polish" on it...that counts for something...right?

Back