The Moment Has Come - First Batch WIP Coming Up

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marko Tsourkan

Founding Member
Reaction score
Hey folks,
I have about 10 orders on hand (this including two knives I intend to pass around) and I will start working on them this coming weekend. There will be gyuto (255mm, 240mm, 180mm), suii (270mm), petty (150mm). All the measurements are on the edge. Also, there will be one 240mm gyuto in ladder Damascus that I forged at Devin's last November.

I think I got enough feedback to get started, and will continue to learn, tweak and improve as I go forward.

I will try to take WIP pics whenever it is possible (I work by myself, so only two hands at my disposal), but I will do my best. Perhaps I set a camera on a tripod and use a timer.

These will be All Custom knives: cutting steel, profiling blanks, heat treating, grinding, finishing, handle/saya work is done by me on the premises.

Specs: 52100, ~62RC (each will be tested for hardness on a hardness tester), shallow convex-ground, polished blade, octagonal or modified D-handle (might be at a later stage, as need to make a few to practice), poplar (or custom wood) saya. Light and nimble, tuned up for performance. I will sharpen them to 5K.

Thanks for the encouragement and patience. Some pics will be up by this weekend.

M

PS: My new website is in works, and I have made some progress clearing old custom work orders, so hopefully, in 1 month or so, I will only concentrate on my knives and nothing else.

Cool, Congrats Marko.. Continued success to you. I look forward to seeing the progress shots and finished works. :)

good luck, Marko! i'm sure they'll be great. i'd love to be in a pass around. :)

Best of luck to you in this crazy adventure!

Finally Marko !!! I'm sure it will be a great knife, can't wait to get one for myself....

Thanks guys. I too look forward to reviews (a little intimidated, as most makers) but at the same time, there is much to learn from those, and one has to assess one's work through a constructive criticism. I am ready for the beating, if need be. :)

M

Thanks guys. I too look forward to reviews (a little intimidated, as most makers) but at the same time, there is much to learn from those, and one has to assess one's work through a constructive criticism. I am ready for the beating, if need be. :)

M

if you'll allow one of your jewels to arrive in Cincinnati, i'll make sure you get any beating that is appropriate. ;)

Good to see! I'm looking forward to checking these out, Marko!

I'm really looking forward to seeing the fruits of your labor here buddy. Best of luck to you!

Congrats,glad to see your in production mode.

Thanks man. Got to send you some steel. Haven't gotten to it, damn it. :)

That should be fun, have a great start, Marko!

Stefan

Awesome, Marko; I've been looking forward to seeing finished products from you for a long time. Congrats and good luck!

This has really been a Tour de Force for you, Marko. It seems like all baby steps have been taken with great consideration and in the right direction, and I have great expectations regarding these knives. Well done!

DarKHOeK

This is really great news Marko!
Albert Einstein said: Human beings must have action; and they will make it if they cannot find it.
I and others have been waiting for you to start to show off your knives. Im also looking forward to reviews.
I know several waiting for their knives, like everybody else I do to.
I truly believe you put the heart and soul into this. Im waiting for the postman to deliver the package.
?

Mods, please ban Oivind. He is bugging me, here and on Skype. No wonder I get so little done :)

OD, did you highlight the words "WILL YOU EVER DELIVER" on purpose? Either way, it was kinda spooky.

OD, did you highlight the words "WILL YOU EVER DELIVER" on purpose? Either way, it was kinda spooky.

Me and Oivind go a long way back, so his jabs at me and my jabs at him, are more for entertainment purpose, than for real. :)

M

Super-dumb question ... passaround? what passaround? I want in! (or maybe it's for more senior members?)

Back