Quantcast
Michigan Get together. - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Michigan Get together.

I'm not bringing a knife I made but I will bring a big hunk of meat. The question is....what kind? As far as putting a knife to something it all depends on what people are up for. Cutting steaks, slicing beef or both. Do you have a band saw?

Salty, I do have a band saw or 2 but I dont want to cut meat with em. lol Whatever you bring will be cool with me.. Im trying to get a grill set up so we can BBQ

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

240mm Stainless Gyuto!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Davis View Post
    I am heading out to the shop right now....From this moment until sunday, I WILL(hope) to have a nice 240 gyuto done....That's the plan....wish me luck lol
    Awesome Mike! What steel type?

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

240mm Stainless Gyuto!!

What, a little blood mixed with the saw dust? JK, I'll grab what's handy.

Yea, the blood doesn't bother me, Its the fly's the next day that Im worried about!

LMAO!! Road trip!!!!!!

Perfect I never seen this one till today!

240mm Stainless Gyuto!!

HAHA! I will have the blank ready to go, it is W2 and will be coated when i bring it. Will be fun to HT in an oven again.

Sounds good Mike! Ya know, This time of the year is the best time to drive through the thumb of Michigan! The fall colors are amazing and nearing there peek!
    Everyone drive safe and Ill see you soon!
    God Bless
    Randy

240mm Stainless Gyuto!!

Not sure if Mike has warned you, but I am planning on driving him up in the morning.

I am looking forward to meeting you and hanging on what looks like is going to be another fine fall day.

That and learning some new things. . .

-Todd

Next time could do this get together in Portland Oregon?
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Todd, Mike did mentioned you were gona join us! The weather is perfect for a get together!

Salty and RRlover and Bullit, Saltys dog made it to Michigan.. It was cool talking with them and hanging out for a couple hours today.. Tomorrow should be a BLAST!!!

Spike, I will have to ask Jr. he may want to move the press and forge and all the other tools to Oregon..

240mm Stainless Gyuto!!

+ Reply to Thread