Michigan Get together.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HHH Knives

Reaction score
Hello guys, This will be the first HHH Knives shop visit/ mini hammer in. It will be the second Sunday in October in Marlette MI

Anyone that would like to join us for a fun day of forging and grinding and just goofing around in general should PM me for more detail.

Im also looking for suggestions that make for a good gathering. So far we have planned to have plenty of steel and lots of propane. Lots of sanders and tools with all the extras, Bits and belts and blades needed to play all day! Lunch and dinner and some cold drinks.

Hope you can make it.
Randy

Salty, Now thats a loaded question.. Are you asking about bringing a dog, or speaking of yourself? Or the third option could be you want to bring some ugly chicks!!

Of the 3, the first two would be a YES!! :) lol

Until further notice I'm in. When I told the wife about it the only thing she was concerned about was not having to take care of the dog. I'll bring some knives. Think about what you may want to take a look at. Or anyone else who is coming.

I'd also be curious if you are able to repair the "beast".

Any more details on this? I am not too far and would love to see some grinding and forging.

Mike

Sweet, sounds good so far. Bring your pup. I have a kennel and 2 dogs. so he will have someone to play with! Not sure whats wrong with the "beast" but bring it with and Ill see what I can do.. :)

anyone interested.

Until further notice I'm in. When I told the wife about it the only thing she was concerned about was not having to take care of the dog. I'll bring some knives. Think about what you may want to take a look at. Or anyone else who is coming.

I'd also be curious if you are able to repair the "beast".

Just got word from Mike that Keven Casey, Don Cowles and some guy named Bill are also dropping in! :) LOL Thats awesome news!

This is gona be alot of fun!

This looks like a good time,I am glad I put new tires on the truck.This will on the 9th?

OK, with Salty and some of the other Chefs coming over, I really wanted to have one or some of my finished knives on hand. So they can use them, and help evaluate and critique my work.. Now I am a knife maker/user but dont have a bunch of my knives on hand normally. They are almost always sold B4 I ever turn on the lights in the shop to make em. So I was gona try and whoop up a 140 gyuto in time, just so I would have a HHH Knife here. :)

Good news, Son offered to let me hold onto the set of 4 damascus knives I just finished for him so we will have them on hand for the gathering! Son was also kind enough to let us use em! Yep, he told me to use em nd have some fun. So needless to say. Im gona!! :) This is cool! Thank you Son.

4sure, Thanks Son. I already started getting everything ready for this weekend! And am working on my shopping list and getting everything together for the party!

Just had to google where Marlette...not too far at all, just shoot up the VanDyke expressway.

Not sure if I will be free yet, but if so, I want in.

I am heading out to the shop right now....From this moment until sunday, I WILL(hope) to have a nice 240 gyuto done....That's the plan....wish me luck lol

I am heading out to the shop right now....From this moment until sunday, I WILL(hope) to have a nice 240 gyuto done....That's the plan....wish me luck lol

+1 I am trying to finish one too,I only reground it three times:bashhead:

I'm not bringing a knife I made but I will bring a big hunk of meat. The question is....what kind? As far as putting a knife to something it all depends on what people are up for. Cutting steaks, slicing beef or both. Do you have a band saw?

Salty, I do have a band saw or 2 but I dont want to cut meat with em. lol Whatever you bring will be cool with me.. Im trying to get a grill set up so we can BBQ

What, a little blood mixed with the saw dust? JK, I'll grab what's handy.

Yea, the blood doesn't bother me, Its the fly's the next day that Im worried about! :scared4::scared4:

:moon: LMAO!! Road trip!!!!!!

Perfect I never seen this one till today! :)

HAHA! I will have the blank ready to go, it is W2 and will be coated when i bring it. Will be fun to HT in an oven again.

Sounds good Mike! Ya know, This time of the year is the best time to drive through the thumb of Michigan! The fall colors are amazing and nearing there peek!
Everyone drive safe and Ill see you soon! :EDance2::bliss::thumbsup:
God Bless
Randy

Not sure if Mike has warned you, but I am planning on driving him up in the morning.

I am looking forward to meeting you and hanging on what looks like is going to be another fine fall day.

That and learning some new things. . .

-Todd

Next time could do this get together in Portland Oregon?

Todd, Mike did mentioned you were gona join us! The weather is perfect for a get together!

Salty and RRlover and Bullit, Saltys dog made it to Michigan.. It was cool talking with them and hanging out for a couple hours today.. Tomorrow should be a BLAST!!!

Spike, I will have to ask Jr. he may want to move the press and forge and all the other tools to Oregon.. :)

Back