what do you suppose a deer testicle taste like?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boomchakabowwow

Reaction score
i'm going deer hunting in a few days. private ranch, we will be the sole three knuckleheads running around on a mega ranch. owner is older now and only shoots a meat buck every once in a while. he said, nobody has hunted in years. i have high hopes. high enough to try with my archery stuff. bringing a long rifle as backup. i kinda committed to eating as much as i can off the animals. i have families requesting the liver and kidneys. i'll pack out the tongue even.

i joked with my brother that i was gonna clean the nuts and pan fry them over fire. he recoiled. so did my buddy.

any food parallels? i heard it described as "smokey tasting octopus".

:)

If you've ever had lamb testicles they're pretty similar, if just a bit more sizable.

Pound them thin, bread them and fry them ala millanaise. Jk I wouldn't know but I hear a rumor that was done for a staff meal once.

Pound them thin, bread them and fry them ala millanaise. Jk I wouldn't know but I hear a rumor that was done for a staff meal once.

hahah..i dont think i could pound on one..

i've never eaten any testicle. but i'm calling this go-time.

Steven Rinella is my favorite hunter/writer/story-teller.

he said a deer nut is his favorite bit. he just braises them in butter.

I will admit that when I read the title of this thread I wondered if he needed to go to the deer to get a personal loan because he was in a tough spot financially...

:biggrin:

hahha..funny stuff folks

i am however surprised there are so few people here that have tried them.

REPORT!

first it is damn uncomfortable how easy they are to remove. yikes.

i skinned the membrane, dusted them in flour and cooked them in some olive oil and butter. they taste like a cooked oyster. but rich. really rich. not sure if i am a fan.

and pounding them thin is damn impossible. they are almost gelatin like..they would explode.

Latest posts

Back