• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

2 CCK butchers, 2 Beatty cleavers, 1 Satsuma bocho

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bishamon

Reaction score
Some more western knives and a regional bunka. First are two CCKs in like-new condition: a CCK Hong Kong style butcher's cleaver, and the original CCK pig sticker. The butcher knife is like a 10.5" cleaver with a rounded upturned nose that is also sharp (see picture). The nose is thinner than the rest of the cleaver. A really interesting shape that gives you more slicing distance per length. Tons of knuckle clearance, too (13.5cm tall).
The CCK pigsticker is about 275mm long, a good all around butcher knife. These are both durable workhorse style knives, and CCKs are always a bargain price.
Each CCK $50 shipped CONUS

Next are two vintage Beatty cleavers, a No.1 (8") and No.2 (9") in surprisingly good condition. As you can see below the handles are in great shape, and are solidly on. No idea how old they are, but more than twice as old as me is a safe bet.
Beatty No.1 $40 shipped
Beatty No.2 $50 shipped

Finally is a Japanese knife, a Tosagata white#2 satsuma bocho in like-new condition. It cutting edge is a little under 190mm long. This is an old Satsuma regional variation of the bunka bocho or home knife (now become the santoku). The profile is similar or perhaps more streamlined, but the blade is thicker than a santoku near the heel and tapers thinner toward the nose. One of the original useful multipurpose knives.
Satsuma bocho $45 shipped

CCK butcher (top), pigsticker (lower)
IMG_3968.jpg

IMG_3970.jpg

Beatty
IMG_3963.jpg

IMG_3966.jpg

IMG_3967.jpg

IMG_3965.jpg

Satsuma
IMG_3976.jpg

IMG_3977.jpg

IMG_3985.jpg

I wish I could get the Beatty and the bocho. Damn they're nice!

Best wishes on the sales... :thumbsup:

What is the ferrule sleeve made of on the Satsuma?

Thank you!

^The Tosa knives are plastic, which is one reason they cost little. The blades themselves are surprisingly well done though.

Both Beatty's sold, Pig sticker sold.

Here are some more cleavers I have if any one is interested or wants to make offers:
Russel Green river works 6" (bottom), L. White 8" with a comfortable handle (middle), and a massive 12" Toledo Ohio tool steel cleaver with a marine anchor stamp (top):
IMG_3988.jpg

IMG_3990.jpg

Satsuma sold.
Russel 6" cleaver sold.

CCK butcher cleaver still here.

bishamon....u gotta put a price on the other cleavers listed....thanks....ryan

How much for the remaining cleavers? The 12" Toledo is calling my name

Damn you for this sale!

The Toledo is pending (as in PayPal says the payment is being reviewed...not sure what that means), but if it falls through you can have it.

So...CCK hong kong butcher cleaver still here surprisingly, and 12" cleaver pending. I think I sold all of these except that cck here in the last couple hours. Geez, I have a spreadsheet going to keep track of who got what.

Oh ya, might as well put this up, too, for fun. A CCK bone chopper/dinosaur cleaver. Blade is a foot long, thick, and several pounds. Dave has seen it before, and knows it is massive (not quite as massive as the Toledo to be fair). I used it only once since he touched it up, and it is almost like-new:
CCK bone chopper $60 (below)shipped
IMG_3991.jpg

Apparently the people want the rough and tumble butcher equipment.

^Haha I thought someone might notice. Believe it or not, there are some knives I'm not selling, lol. For example, that lamb splitter, the lobster splitter, my Konosuke sakimaru and yanagiba, Watanabe nakiri, Tada gyuto...a few more. I use the lamb splitter mostly for young coconuts now, haha, but sometimes for beef ribs and big pieces of meat to feel like I'm cool.

Just want to say, I really enjoy seeing the wild stuff you've been putting up for sale lately.... I'd really love to see the stuff you're keeping!

Latest posts

Back