Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Personal Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Badgertooth View Post
    I would love to see some desert island natural stones. Your all time favourites. The suita you kept that is like the $1k ashiya suita for instance.
    i'll try to pull some out and take pics when i have time... but i think that suita is featured in some of our sharpening and stone videos already

Quote Originally Posted by fimbulvetr View Post
    Damnedest thing.... I read Jon's reply and started making those chirpy noises my cat makes when she sees a bird out the window.
    Thank you for putting into words what I could not ... My "big girl" all +24 Lb's of ferocious Maine Coon love ...

and my "little old man" Montezuma (hence my moniker) Maine coon mix ...

But every time they see a humming bird or dove outside they have that same excitement of when I see Jon post something new and beautiful ...

I guess I "finally" swallowed the "cat person" pill or maybe they just love J-knives ...

TjA

since we're talking about my personal collection, I decided to put a knife up for sale later today on our JKI Specials page (check instagram for this)...

this 210mm zakuri (with an ebony octagon handle) has been finished using my favorite shobu suita and uchigumori... here's a video of the knife and some shots of the stones used:

(Click this link for the video)
    https://www.facebook.com/JapaneseKni...4285007253860/