Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Took a big bite, whats your preference?

Wow, looking forward to see that knife. How do you do the serrations, if not secret? I have seen tutorials for doing it by hand, but it takes a long time.

M

"All beauty that has no foundation in use, soon grows distasteful and needs continuous replacement with something new." The Shakers' saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

No secret, maybe not the most efficient way, but... Grind to say 70% complete, layout centers for the serrations, choose a file of appropriate diameter and get to work, use a dremmel, or wrap sand paper around a file to clean up the rough grind lines. HT, finish grind and polish. If I had a horrizontal milling machine, I would do them that way.

Feel free to visit my website, http://www.rodrigueknives.com
    Email pierre@rodrigueknives.com

I would like to try making a serrated knife some time. I think a vertical milling machine would work too.

M

"All beauty that has no foundation in use, soon grows distasteful and needs continuous replacement with something new." The Shakers' saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com