Sous Vide Anova Sale

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marc4pt0

Reaction score
Received an email with a discount code that drops the price down to $99 for the BlueTooth one. Went to check out but the code is only valid for one circulator.

Great deal. But I need to get 3 more. If anybody else received the same email and is not planning on using it, would you mind pm'ing me the code so I can go back and get more?

Any difference in performance between the original Anova one and the bluetooth ones? Have you used the original ones?

I've one each. No discernible difference in performance. In use I like the simplicity of the time and temp settings on the original. Hate the wheel on the bluetooth unit but warming (Pun alert!) to using the app. They no longer provide any support to the original models - if (when) it fails you own it.

99 is a great price. Tempted to go for #3.

Thanks. I have 2 of the original, absolutely love them. Good luck getting your codes! (I didn't get one or I would pass it along)

Marc if you happen to get 4 codes through some fluck ill grab one lol. I didnt even know they droped that low

Thanks to everyone who sent codes! Huge help and I very much appreciate it!
Slayer, pm inbound

As far as differences in the 2 units inquired about, I'm not too sure yet.
I have 10 of the original models. Fantastic little machines for the money! And if they should have a problem Anova just replaced them, no charge. And for those who know me, good customer service is paramount. Who has time to deal crap customer care? Screw them.
And I hate to say it but Polyscience missed the mark on customer support. They charge close to a $1000 for their equipment, last time I checked. Their equipment DOES break down in about 2 years or so of heavy use (if you're lucky). They charge you $80 just to look at them, and that's after you alreafy paid for shipping. Then you get the email that it will cost almost the same price as a new one to fix, BUT you can "conveniently" purchase a refurbished one at a slightly reduced price. Great racket. They definitely got a few thousand dollars out of me before another (read Better) option came along.

Now some of my Anova units have passed their prime, but that's expected. They're not built for commercial use. But at the price they charge, plus the stellar customer care, its a nobrainer to go with these cats. One lg water bath uses 2 Anova units which= $200 today. If that unit lasts 3yrs, great. But id say 2 yrs of Heavy use to be safe. So roughly $200 - $300 every 2yrs compared to $1000 every 2yrs? Yeah, smart money always wins in my book.

I've got a couple cook books for SV. Keller is good albeit complex and geared to the pro market. Baldwin is considered gospel by many - I like but...

More useful are the various websites that use/promote SV. Chef Steps is near top of my list. Serious Eats is very good (stay away from the knife dept:cool2:) EGullet has a lot of enthusiastic users. Reddit has a SV forum.

And all of the makers have sites and eletters. Anova, I'm a fan of the devices but have not found anything useful in their app or site. Nomiku has the best eletter out there, imo. Sous Vide (the company) has a useful site.

And of course this sub-forum.

Black Friday sale has started for Australia market, 149 AUD for bluetooth and 189 AUD for bluetooth+Wifi. Now they come free shipping which is better than previous deal I saw a couple of months back.

Yeah amazing prices to be sure. $100 cheaper than amazon

see if you can find the code..

my wifi one arrived yesterday. 100 off so 159 shipped for the wifi one

Black Friday sale has started for Australia market, 149 AUD for bluetooth and 189 AUD for bluetooth+Wifi. Now they come free shipping which is better than previous deal I saw a couple of months back.

Oh, that's good. My first Anova one, they charged 100USD to shipped. A few months ago, they still charged about 60AUD to ship.

see if you can find the code..

my wifi one arrived yesterday. 100 off so 159 shipped for the wifi one

I ordered mine on Saturday for $129. On Monday morning I received an email about their Black Friday sale for $99.

I sent them an email asking them to honor the $99 sale price and they did. I already received a $30 refund.

Terrific customer service so far!

Thanks Anova!

just figured i would point out they now have the wifi one $50 off plus there is an additional 15% off using holiday2016

I missed the fathers day sale, so if someone is having a voucher code, I would be very glad.

Just sign up to their mailing list. They always have sales and specials

Love our Anova. We use it regularly.
Recently it broke but they sent a replacement in just a few days.
Highly recommended. Not sure about the need for BT however.

We have a Polyscience that's been going strong, daily for 4 years. We bought two Anova last fall and they both are in the trash dump. We plan on purchasing several new Polyscience before the fall season. After reading this it may have been worth it to contact Anova, but "Country Club living" can afford to waste things.

Hi No Chop!

I was just re-reading this whole thread and wanted to point out Reply #7 (below) which may be of use when you decide on which direction to go as it is from Mark4pt0 (OP) and who is someone with whom "customer service" has always been very high on the list of requirements for a "vendor"/supplier ... personally I have been using PolySci equipment for 10+ years and very happy with them but just personal use though ... Some of Mark's math may be a bit dubious though given you can get a PolySci Pro ("Chef") one for $500, or less, on the Bay if you look ... and if it lasts 4 years ... enough said ...

As far as differences in the 2 units inquired about, I'm not too sure yet.
I have 10 of the original models. Fantastic little machines for the money! And if they should have a problem Anova just replaced them, no charge. And for those who know me, good customer service is paramount. Who has time to deal crap customer care? Screw them.
And I hate to say it but Polyscience missed the mark on customer support. They charge close to a $1000 for their equipment, last time I checked. Their equipment DOES break down in about 2 years or so of heavy use (if you're lucky). They charge you $80 just to look at them, and that's after you alreafy paid for shipping. Then you get the email that it will cost almost the same price as a new one to fix, BUT you can "conveniently" purchase a refurbished one at a slightly reduced price. Great racket. They definitely got a few thousand dollars out of me before another (read Better) option came along.

Now some of my Anova units have passed their prime, but that's expected. They're not built for commercial use. But at the price they charge, plus the stellar customer care, its a nobrainer to go with these cats. One lg water bath uses 2 Anova units which= $200 today. If that unit lasts 3yrs, great. But id say 2 yrs of Heavy use to be safe. So roughly $200 - $300 every 2yrs compared to $1000 every 2yrs? Yeah, smart money always wins in my book.

My original, Mk 1, Mod 0, SN 000003, Anova V1 went **** up this morning. Had it 4+ years. Cost me somewhere around a dime for each time I used it.

Not sure which direction I'm going from here. I have an Anova Bluetooth and may well get another. But Anova is going towards a Wally World marketing strategy, in Chicago they would not even talk to small retailers. Units are now considered throw-away after 1 year warranty. And Shermie still works there. I can get the PolySci home unit for just under 400, they appear made well but are also considered throwaway. As a proud owner of a Bose Wave radio I will never again own something that can only be controlled by a remote or the power cord so the Joule is off the table.

Chit.

Hi there marc4pt0,
Sorry to bother you off topic.
A long time ago you started a thread for a knife etch on a Shun Fuji 8.5" gyuto here http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/archive/index.php/t-19864.html which lead me to buying that knife. After some use with the knife I always intended to do the etch using the guide you linked which I'm using at the moment, I've had a bottle of ferric chloride sat on my shelf for about a year or two now, to be honest I preferred your end result to the original design from Shun, as nice as it is. The archived thread no longer has the pictures available because of photobucket I just wanted to ask if you still had them stored somewhere? And if you did would you mind sending me a few pics?
I would be immensely grateful just to see the end result I'm working towards, no worries if they're gone though.
Thanks for your time and everything else,
Joe Cardey

Hi there marc4pt0,
Sorry to bother you off topic.
A long time ago you started a thread for a knife etch on a Shun Fuji 8.5" gyuto here http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/archive/index.php/t-19864.html which lead me to buying that knife. After some use with the knife I always intended to do the etch using the guide you linked which I'm using at the moment, I've had a bottle of ferric chloride sat on my shelf for about a year or two now, to be honest I preferred your end result to the original design from Shun, as nice as it is. The archived thread no longer has the pictures available because of photobucket I just wanted to ask if you still had them stored somewhere? And if you did would you mind sending me a few pics?
I would be immensely grateful just to see the end result I'm working towards, no worries if they're gone though.
Thanks for your time and everything else,
Joe Cardey

I believe Marc is still banned here....

You might find him at the other forum or on Instagram!

I just noticed this offer (good until the 30th). I dunno how many of you might have the offer, but bestbuy has a 60 dollar off coupon for the bluetooth model of the anova, bringing the price down to 90 bucks, which is worth every penny, in my opinion.

Well worth the price especially for home usage - I got about 8months out of mine before it kicked the bucket. It was used hard too, sometimes 145 for 2 weeks straight. For the house it's good

Back