Quantcast
Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us! - Page 104
Page 104 of 186 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1854

Thread: Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Zwiefel,

Next time you make a pork roast like that, make pork tacos out of it. I did the same thing about 4 months ago and it turned out amazing, I toasted some quality corn tortillas in a cast iron skillet, and then placed the super tender pork on the tortilla. Next, I added some queso fresco, fresh cilantro, and a simple salsa of thinly sliced red onion and habanero with lime juice and topped it off with bits of the crunchy skin for the best damn taco I had ever eaten.
    Twitter: @PeterDaEater

Quote Originally Posted by stereo.pete View Post
    Zwiefel,

Next time you make a pork roast like that, make pork tacos out of it. I did the same thing about 4 months ago and it turned out amazing, I toasted some quality corn tortillas in a cast iron skillet, and then placed the super tender pork on the tortilla. Next, I added some queso fresco, fresh cilantro, and a simple salsa of thinly sliced red onion and habanero with lime juice and topped it off with bits of the crunchy skin for the best damn taco I had ever eaten.
    Brilliant idea! I know what I'm doing with the leftovers now...thanks StereoPete!
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

Roasted ribeye for roast beef Sammy special this week. Technically I roasted it yesterday, easie to slice when cooled ya know... The 12" K-Sab chefs turned slicer made short work of this beast

"This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!" -Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

Correction ^^ eye round, not ribeye. Been a busy Monday, lol
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!" -Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

We have company and it was 62 yesterday so I took a venison rump roast and made a bacon weave then slow cooked it on the grill with a drip pan over indirect heat. It was delicious!

Attachment 11458Attachment 11459Attachment 11460

Here are the picsit wouldn't upload all of them for some reason.

Attachment 11463

Attachment 11464

Attachment 11465

Still didn't.
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Quote Originally Posted by Zwiefel View Post
    After it finished roasting, peeled the skin off in one layer:

That's a loaner Carter at the top....from a Morocco-bound forum member. Slice the skin up into small bite-sized pieces:
    [IMG]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8349/8177181557_041d148bd1_z.jpg[/IMG

And chunk up the rest into bite-sized pieces:

It was super moist and tender....bit on the bland side though....will need to investigate a sauce for service next time. Satisfactory for a first attempt though.
    First of all, this thread is getting too amazing for me. I don't know if I can keep up with you guys

And I think I recognize that blade...

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

Quote Originally Posted by mr drinky View Post
    First of all, this thread is getting too amazing for me. I don't know if I can keep up with you guys

And I think I recognize that blade...

k.
    the pork was super easy...surprisingly easy, actually. (did you get a PM from me? had a couple of quirks with PMs and not sure you received.)

Oh, and had pork tacos for dinner last night and lunch today made from the leftovers...brilliant idea. This is going to happen again.
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

Don't forget Cuban sandwiches with the leftovers next time--pork, ham, pickle, mustard, & swiss cheese on a crusty roll. YUM!
    Now is not the time to bother me. And it's always now. Wiley Miller