Quantcast
Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us! - Page 108
Page 108 of 183 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1828

Thread: Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucretia View Post
    I think I just felt it move.....
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!" -Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

Nice, Lucretia!

(Love that knife, too.)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucretia View Post
    Yum! How did you doctor that?

Just cleaned off all the fat and made a thick vinaigrette-like marinade of garlic, lemon juice, soy sauce, dijon mustard, oregano, olive oil, salt & pepper. Spread it all over the lamb and let it marinate all day, then into the oven. (Preheated to 500 degrees F, then turned down to 400 when the lamb goes in. Start checking temperature after about 18 minutes.) It was the nicest piece of lamb we've had in a while. I didn't clean my bones well enough to suit the old man, so he snagged them off my plate when I was done to do some extra gnawing.
    Now is not the time to bother me. And it's always now. Wiley Miller

Pig Face Torchon

w/ roasted bone marrow, parsley, cilantro & micro salad, mustard, preserved citrus vin

"God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

That looks great Johnny! Got my mouth watering! We have an edible native plant in Australia called "pig face" produces a berry and the leaves are like a salty apple, " Pig face torchon with pig face" would sound cool on a menu

[IMG][/IMG]
    Huw
    In order to make delicious food, you must eat delicious food. Jiro Ono

Senior Member AFKitchenknivesguy's Avatar
    Made pizza at home, dough fermented at room temp and in the refer for three days. Home made sauce, sad to say store bought cheese (soon enough I'll make my own).

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Jason

Yeah, that looks better than what I ate, lol. You were right....
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!" -Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

Those look amazing, Jason!

Senior Member AFKitchenknivesguy's Avatar
    In my continuing effort to explore different cuts, times, and temps, for sous vide here is my latest venture. Note I season all my beef with salt, pepper, and garlic. This is a mock tenderloin (i.e. cheap cut). I put it in for 22 hours at 128F. Results were good, but not excellent. As you can see, perfectly pink and seared with a torch. It needed 12 more hours to tenderize though. Slicing thin and against the grain always helps.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Jason