Quantcast
Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us! - Page 111
+ Reply to Thread
Page 111 of 176 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1757

Thread: Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Desserts for our Christmas party. Cheesecake with Red Currant glaze and raspberries, and Chocolate Charlotte with rum and almonds.
    If you reach the age of 60 without becoming a curmudgeon, you haven't been paying attention.

Senior Member AFKitchenknivesguy's Avatar
    Very elegent!
    Jason

I cleaned out the ice box today and used the leftover standing rib for a chili. Leftover breakfast sausage and cheddar went into corn bread.

Thanks for posting this. Made the Potato Pave with burgers for New Year's Eve. Killer taste and pretty easy to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny.B.Good View Post
    Filet mignon, green beans, and Thomas Keller's "Potato Pave" from the Ad Hoc cookbook.

The potatoes came apart on me a little bit, but it was delicious nonetheless!
    "Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough." ŚMark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by mano View Post
    Thanks for posting this. Made it with burgers for New Year's Eve. Killer taste and pretty easy to make.
    I found it a little bit tedious and time consuming, but think it would be less so now that I've done it once. The contrast between the crunchy outside and soft inside is pretty great, and it's certainly good looking (assuming you can keep them together, which I will be more careful about next time).

Wanted to give the new knife a julienne workout, so did a quick stir-fry, warm soba, and hoisin glazed tuna

"This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!" -Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Wife wanted burgers and since I've darn near perfected the art of burgery I said why not! 85% ground round with nothing but a generous sprinkling of salt, topped with bleu cheese and bacon sauce, pickled jalape˝os and topped off with carmelized onions. Let's just say they were AWESOME!!!
    Twitter: @PeterDaEater

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0073.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	12491
    Here is Bugs Bunny..........well, half of him, resting quietly in a bath of Kriek and aromatics until tomorrow. Cook!!!! Where's my Hasenpfeffer?

Senior Member AFKitchenknivesguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stereo.pete View Post

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Wife wanted burgers and since I've darn near perfected the art of burgery I said why not! 85% ground round with nothing but a generous sprinkling of salt, topped with bleu cheese and bacon sauce, pickled jalape˝os and topped off with carmelized onions. Let's just say they were AWESOME!!!
    Yum!
    Jason

Great looking burger! I like to grind mine from 2 parts chuck to 1 part sirloin. I also save trimmings from tender loin and rib eye for grinding.

+ Reply to Thread