Quantcast
Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us! - Page 116
Page 116 of 182 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126166 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1820

Thread: Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

You got all of those chickens into one oven at once?

Sounds like a great party! Yours?

LOL - I have a South Bend commercial range with two ovens.

Yeah our party - my wife's is today and mine is Thursday - we are 60 this year and started this party thing 20 yrs ago.

Ok where did you get the wall hanging baskets?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike9 View Post
    Birthday party last night with 24 guests. I brined 7 chickens, drained, dried, wishbone out and look - all trussed up and nowhere to go . . . but into a 425 oven for 65 minutes then a rest before carving. They were delicious.

Made Israeli couscous with fortified veg stock, porcini, shitaki, and criminis. Many guests brought sides and lots and lots of wine.

I think I got those at Home Depot - I've had them for a while and they work great.

Nice. I had some Port Salut, saucisson sec and pate de campagne the other night on baguette slices with some Chimay red the other night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zwiefel View Post
    Cheese board for the Mrs. while we watch a bit of Downton Abbey...Ok, I might of et some too.

Dry Italian Salami, chive and onion cheddar, dill and garlic cheddar, 1k day cheddar, some kind of goat cheese (couldn't really decipher the label), and some nice water biscuits.

Also spent an hour or so on the stones today. Watanabe Nakiri, Suisin IH Gyuto, Gengetsu Petty, and Masamoto VG Gyuto...Mizayuma 5000, Kitayama 8000, strop on newsprint. the Gengetsu in particular was a bit blunt and the Watanabe not too far behind. Now all have a reasonable edge for the Knife Skill class Tues evening. Doing a run-through with friends tomorrow.

So what do you do with 7 chicken carcasses? Make a pot of stock what else! I roasted some veg, garlic and dried chilis, broke down my carcasses and seared them in duck fat then added the roast veg and deglazed that pan with white wine.

then I added 9 qts of water, some fresh herbs and a bouquet garni of dried herbs, some fresh garlic and dried porcinis.

The house smells mouth wateringly good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike9 View Post
    So what do you do with 7 chicken carcasses? Make a pot of stock what else! I roasted some veg, garlic and dried chilis, broke down my carcasses and seared them in duck fat then added the roast veg and deglazed that pan with white wine.
    Love to make me a big pot of stock. Have a 5 gallon pot for this task. I like to strain it progressively finer until I'm going through coffee filters, and reduce it down from about 3 gallons of stock (after the bones/veggies are removed) to about 12 oz. It's almost like rubber with that level of concentration of gelatin. It's great to add a spoonful to dishes to give a lot of depth of flavor, just melts and coats everything.

And yeah, the house smells amazing for a couple of days.
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

I thought I would make something out of the ordinary: rabbit and leek lasagne. I only have one sort of good photo. The dish turned out good, but there are some things I would tweak on the recipe.

k.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

interesting. Was the rabbit shredded (like an enchalada casarole)? What kind of sauce(s) did you use?

Yes - I love me some rabbit. Inquiring minds want to know.