Quantcast
Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us! - Page 133
+ Reply to Thread
Page 133 of 180 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 1795

Thread: Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

That looks down right delicious, nice work Chef!
    Twitter: @PeterDaEater

Makin' some Rubens this weekend Salty?

mmmm corned beef

Quote Originally Posted by Jmadams13 View Post
    That sucks. I get my rye from a local mill. It's actually a museum with a working mid 1800's stone mill powered by the stream on property. The only thing is I can only get my rye when they have school groups visiting. The demonstrate the mill, and a few bakeries and myself get the grains. It's the Union Mills Homestead in Westminster MD for you local guys
    Random tid-bit of knowledge, William Forstchen and Newt Gingrich co-wrote an alternative history of Gettysburg that took place at Union Mills. I know it's random but I just finished retreading my copy that I personally bought from William
    Forstchen at a Gettysburg re-enactment a few years back and I felt the need to share.

That's interesting. I'll have to look that up. Growing up around here, you get tired of Gettysburg history, but that sounds cool. Thanks for the tidbit
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!" -Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

Some more rye, but shaped a little more sandwhich friendly.

"This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!" -Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

breakfast this morning from leftovers.

corned beef hash (and egg)

I started desalinating a corned beef brisket today. Like bacalao I'll do 4 or 5 water changings then let it dry, give it a good BBQ style rub and slow cook it for pulled Corned Beef BBQ. It's really and I mean really good. I do not however recommend reducing the braising liquid to sauce it is just too salty even after the long rinse.

Nothing special, just my daily bread. A ciabatta I came up with so it has the characteristics of classic ciabatta, but the crumb is a little more sandwhich friendly. It's a demi sourdough, about 70% hydration. I really should start a "my bread" thread, lol.

+ Reply to Thread