Quantcast
Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us! - Page 139
+ Reply to Thread
Page 139 of 180 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 1792

Thread: Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Me too, pork neck isn't something I see around here very often, if ever
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!" -Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

Hmm.. probably different English. Pork neck as it is called down this way here comes from the shoulder piece. I think it is the same as boned out Boston butt.

Being Asian, I tend to use pork neck quite often. It is one of very versatile piece of porkyness that can accept quick very high heat just as well as slow low heat cooking.

Pork neck here is mostly all bones! I use it for tonkotsu broth.
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Adding some easy hot apps to the menu at sushi.

-- Salmon with edomame pesto and lavender tofu
    -- Lamb loin pearl onions chickpeas
    -- Poached Chicken Tatsoy bamboo hot and sour
    -- Pork Belly, Hen of the woods, spicy dashi, poached egg
    -- Smoked Pork Shoulder, White Bean, Savoy, Jus
    -- Hanger Steak Red Potato, Fennel Confit, Asian BBQ
    -- Bass, Jasmine rice, Coriander Broth

having friends over next week for Banh Mis, so I figured it would be smart to practice the Vietnamese bread. i think they came out pretty well, for a first time, though i'll definitely use all purpose instead of bread flour, for the next batch:

i honestly haven't made much bread from instant yeast (i have a few different sourdough cultures going), so i wasn't sure how it would work out. other than it being very sticky, it worked out fine. i wouldn't want to use my food processor for my wet sourdoughs, though!

Aftermath and resurrection

I sprinkled some salmon with 5 spice and s&p then broiled it, pan roasted some Brussels sprouts, and cooked up some asparagus risotto. This is what was left:

The next day we had room temperature salmon and sprouts and baked arancini. It is tough to take pictures when you are hungry!:

Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Some Italian loaves from the other day. Obviously, I'm not a baker, but I love trying to get it right! I was very happy with the crust and the crumb on these. And my starter keeps getting better and better.

I'd be happy to have those loaves in my house....looks tasty.
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

Those loaves look perfect for my family. Tender bread for my kids, nice crust for me. Look great.

Quote Originally Posted by Chefdog View Post
    Some Italian loaves from the other day. Obviously, I'm not a baker, but I love trying to get it right! I was very happy with the crust and the crumb on these. And my starter keeps getting better and better.
    Looks great
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!" -Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

+ Reply to Thread