Quantcast
Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us! - Page 15
Page 15 of 187 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

heh, hey, it's Wednesday. btw, i don't puree the mixture, i just mix it with a fork. i find that pureeing cottage cheese does very little, so you just end up with something else that needs to be washed.

sw2geeks, which nakiri is that in you picture?

Stir fry.

So nice having all this real estate at home!

Hanger steak, some veg, some bean thread noodles, some egg, sauce...you know the drill.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial

That looks great, nice Newcastle in the background.

My cousin came over for dinner so I decided to make a nice meal. For a starter we had spinach and four cheese ravioli with a lemon butter sauce, garnished with some finely sliced chive and lemon zest. The entree was a hand cut filet (cut by myself) mashed potatoes with thyme and green beans saute'd in olive oil and garlic shavings. Everything came out absolutely perfect. Thanks to Scott's (Salty's) sous chef Cacho for showing me how to make the base sauce, which I then flavored with lemon zest.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I knew I shouldn't open this thread so close to lunch time. Beautiful pics & meals!

Stefan

Both look great.

John, how do you make the egg sauce?

Pete, do you make your own ravioli?

Quote Originally Posted by jwpark View Post
    sw2geeks, which nakiri is that in you picture?
    Watanabe with a fish handle. It is my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by mano View Post
    Both look great.

John, how do you make the egg sauce?

Pete, do you make your own ravioli?
    Mano, I cannot take credit for the ravioli but everything else including the sauce was of my design. After watching Master Chef last night I would like to try my hand at making ravioli.

Pete, if you make your own pasta it's not difficult with or without a ravioli mold. Just do a google search.

If you really want to wow everyone press a basil leaf in the top. Just make a larger ravioli and press the top layer very thin. Sandwich a small leaf between two thin pasta layers and run it through the press at setting just thick enough to press them all together.

The leaf will stretch out but is clearly seen through the translucent pasta.

The technique is easier if you're not making ravioli. Just lay small leaves on half a long sheet of thin pasta. Double over/sandwich and run it through the press as above.

Hand cut rectangles each with its own leaf.