Quantcast
Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us! - Page 161
Page 161 of 186 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 1856

Thread: Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Hubby had a rotten week, so along with some comfort food of spaghetti & meatballs, he got garlic knots, which he christened "crispy pillows of joy":

Sauce made from tomatoes from the yard, lots of garlic & fresh basil, etc....

(The sauce/pasta ratio isn't as skewed as it appears in the picture--the bowl just made it look extra juicy.)
    Now is not the time to bother me. And it's always now. Wiley Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Lucretia View Post
    Hubby had a rotten week, so along with some comfort food of spaghetti & meatballs, he got garlic knots, which he christened "crispy pillows of joy":

Sauce made from tomatoes from the yard, lots of garlic & fresh basil, etc....

(The sauce/pasta ratio isn't as skewed as it appears in the picture--the bowl just made it look extra juicy.)
    You have to rethink your bowl preference as that one is not conducive to the 'licking the plate clean' effect

Garlic knots...mmmm care to share the recipe?
    Twitter: @PeterDaEater

Wine-braised pot roast. I like to shred it rather than slice.

Quote Originally Posted by stereo.pete View Post
    Garlic knots...mmmm care to share the recipe?
    Sure--I found it online and made a couple minor changes. I'll look it up and post it tomorrow.

This was the basic recipe I found (garlic knots are just pizza dough tied in knots and slathered with buttery, garlicky goodness after baking):

Garlic knots recipe

What I did differently--swapped out some of the flour for uncooked quick oatmeal--just something I try to do with my breads. (1 1/4 c bread flour, 1/2 c oatmeal). Used instant yeast instead of active dry (it's what I have handy), and made it in the mixer (add all ingredients except salt--mix to combine, let rest 20 minutes, add salt & mix until soft smooth ball, adjusting water/flour as needed to get texture right.) Oh, and I didn't read the directions carefully so I didn't cut the dough strips in half and the knots were twice the size they should have been. For the sauce--only 4 cloves of garlic? You've got to be kidding me! Needs LOTS of garlic! (I think there was close to 1/4 cup in this batch.) And it needed some olive oil, so a few good glugs of that (3 or 4 Tbsp?) And don't "paint" the rolls with the sauce--put them in a serving dish and dump it over them so you can swab up the drippings.

Next time I think I'd let the dough age a day or so after mixing to let the flavor develop more. And instead of minced garlic, I might make more of a paste and mix the sauce up earlier to let the flavors develop. And throw in some red pepper flakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucretia View Post
    This was the basic recipe I found (garlic knots are just pizza dough tied in knots and slathered with buttery, garlicky goodness after baking):

Garlic knots recipe

What I did differently--swapped out some of the flour for uncooked quick oatmeal--just something I try to do with my breads. (1 1/4 c bread flour, 1/2 c oatmeal). Used instant yeast instead of active dry (it's what I have handy), and made it in the mixer (add all ingredients except salt--mix to combine, let rest 20 minutes, add salt & mix until soft smooth ball, adjusting water/flour as needed to get texture right.) Oh, and I didn't read the directions carefully so I didn't cut the dough strips in half and the knots were twice the size they should have been. For the sauce--only 4 cloves of garlic? You've got to be kidding me! Needs LOTS of garlic! (I think there was close to 1/4 cup in this batch.) And it needed some olive oil, so a few good glugs of that (3 or 4 Tbsp?) And don't "paint" the rolls with the sauce--put them in a serving dish and dump it over them so you can swab up the drippings.

Next time I think I'd let the dough age a day or so after mixing to let the flavor develop more. And instead of minced garlic, I might make more of a paste and mix the sauce up earlier to let the flavors develop. And throw in some red pepper flakes.
    Thanks for taking the time to share the recipe.

Ousso bucco, risotto Milanese, lemon parsley crisp, fennel tops.
    Don't touch my d!ck. Dont touch my knife. ~ Anthony Bourdain ~

Beautiful!

So my wife's Birthday was last Wednesday and I always make her favorite breakfast, pancakes and bacon. I make them from scratch and I swear these were the best pancakes I have ever had the pleasure to eat.

I let the edges get crispy to give that textural contrast we so love to have, they were bad ass!