Quantcast
Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us! - Page 162
Page 162 of 186 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 1854

Thread: Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Those look great! I haven't had pancakes in 100 years or so. I like mine with sausage to swab in the syrup--grade B maple, please!
    Now is not the time to bother me. And it's always now. Wiley Miller

My farmer dropped off some Muscovys.

And I made some pasta

I love fresh pasta and duck, well played Salty!
    Twitter: @PeterDaEater

So a very generous member here offered to let me borrow their deba so I could get a handle on filleting fish. Here's the result, and thanks again to the person who offered the opportunity to try such a knife!

I didn't take pictures of the filets because they were laughable at best. The dish though was fantastic!
    Twitter: @PeterDaEater

My girlfriend wanted chili so I made my first pot of the season. Before anyone starts bashing me for using beans, I'm not a chili purist. I love all types of chili. I do make a pretty good "pure" Texas Red chili with nothing but meat and chiles but sometimes I'll used ground beef/chili grind and add beans and/or tomatoes. I only had 1 lb of chili grind in the freezer this time around and we knew we wanted leftovers so I added a couple cans of beans to help stretch out the pot.

A night off from the Restaurant... Calzone
    Ricotta, spinach & Mushroom

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Huw
    In order to make delicious food, you must eat delicious food. Jiro Ono

Hi at all... Pretty beautiful @mzer, it looks like smoked salmon roll with kind of fresh cheese and a touch of dill... What's the black over?

By the way, here has begun the season of mushrooms with the first autumns rains. So this weekend I have risen to the mountain to seeing what could find... In the old black poplar I have found these ones (Agrocybe Aegerita) and have cooked them in a very simple way with butter, salt, a bit of garlic, parsley and later to add a generous touch of olive oil from the variety "Serrana".

[IMG] [/IMG]

Sunday morning before lunch, at the moment of the beers with friends and ... Just enjoying.

[IMG] [/IMG]

Also I found these in the substratum of the pines, Lactarius Deliciosus (not Sanguifluus):

[IMG] [/IMG]

Just to cook it on honeyed rice (not risotto style) with a kind of phaseolus and cod.

Namaste

Spokane, WA aka Spokanistan, or Spoklahoma, or...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mundo View Post
    Hi at all... Pretty beautiful @mzer, it looks like smoked salmon roll with kind of fresh cheese and a touch of dill... What's the black over?

By the way, here has begun the season of mushrooms with the first autumns rains. So this weekend I have risen to the mountain to seeing what could find... In the old black poplar I have found these ones (Agrocybe Aegerita) and have cooked them in a very simple way with butter, salt, a bit of garlic, parsley and later to add a generous touch of olive oil from the variety "Serrana".

[IMG] [/IMG]

Sunday morning before lunch, at the moment of the beers with friends and ... Just enjoying.

[IMG] [/IMG]

Also I found these in the substratum of the pines, Lactarius Deliciosus (not Sanguifluus):

[IMG] [/IMG]

Just to cook it on honeyed rice (not risotto style) with a kind of phaseolus and cod.

Namaste
    Mundo where do you live to pick such delicacies?
    Amat Victoria Curam Fortune favors the prepared.
    "A human being is primarily a bag for putting food into." -George Orwell

Spokane, WA aka Spokanistan, or Spoklahoma, or...

Ham in Hay

Name:  photo-49.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  13.6 KB

Going to put this ham in brine tonight until Thanksgiving at which time it will be cooked in HAY. Sounds pretty cool to me. Hope it will be delicious and nobody dies. Anyone done this before?
    Amat Victoria Curam Fortune favors the prepared.
    "A human being is primarily a bag for putting food into." -George Orwell