Quantcast
Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us! - Page 33
+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 180 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Well done Eamon! Looks like some good eats.

I have my first batch of
    sauerkraut working right now, any tips?

Oh man, that looks great! Rarely see beef ribs in my neck of the woods, which is sad because they are really good. I'm going to have trouble sleeping after looking at those pics.

Thanks! It was a good dinner, and even a good lunch today.

As for the kraut, if you like it tart, don't put it in the fridge soon. Let it take it's time. My wife added some of the brine from Bubbie's Sauerkraut(it's all natural), and that jar tasted a lot better...kinds acts like a starter. Don't fear the white surface mold. It's totally cool.

Nice rack!

If I may make a couple of suggestions....

Soak the chips overnight, and place a metal cup with water inside your makeshift smoker to keep the humidity high[ you measure the dry-out factor by how far the meat shrinks up the bones. You will have to experiment with placement, too much steam will quench your fire. it is tough to smoke without a separate firebox, but not impossible. Next time call me and I will bring the dutch oven cornpone bread. Of course, we all know what excels at cutting those ribs for table service!

Hax the Cook CLEAVERS RULE!!!
    A barbeque believer will not profane pork by boiling, liquid-smoking, submeging in sous-vide, or affirm with those who do.

hot damn!
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

Those are great lookin dino bones! I do LOTS of BBQ but rarely do beef ribs because you can't find good ones round here.

Gnocchi looks very appealing, though I like them more with butter, peas and tarragon, dont like boiled tomato... but I can imagine that flavour when "mamma mia" just picked "pommodoro" from the garden and cooked it

The BBQ action is great in the wintertime, cool spot for one also and great result.

The last photo is funny, I just ate similar for dinner yesterday, just with soured cabbage inste3ad veggies, and "pork milanese". And a Breville there Cool

thanks, it's not as pretty as anything else in this thread, but it was the first time I ever broke down a chicken rather than buying breast fillets

Oohh I'll have to try that pork milanese

+ Reply to Thread