Quantcast
Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us! - Page 35
+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 180 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Tonight for dinner my wife was in the mood for something a little bit lighter. Here we have spring salad with grilled chicken breast, champagne mustard vinaigrette and parmesan frico.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I should not be looking at this thread when I'm hungry. Great pic, Stereo. Noms.
    (^.#)

That does look good Pete...nice presentation and photo.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny.B.Good View Post
    That does look good Pete...nice presentation and photo.
    I meant to thank you before, but for some reason it slipped your mind. I've switched to using your baked french fry recipe from the "perfect fries" thread, and I must say that it is quite an improvement. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by stereo.pete View Post
    I meant to thank you before, but for some reason it slipped your mind. I've switched to using your baked french fry recipe from the "perfect fries" thread, and I must say that it is quite an improvement. Thank you!
    You're welcome Pete, though it's actually my father's technique (can't really call it a recipe as there's so little to it). The thought of making the real deal in a big batch of oil seldom appeals since the baked version is so simple and good. Funny thing is I had dinner with him a few weeks ago (he's a great cook) and described your trip to Next for the El Bulli event. It came up when he mentioned that a friend of his took a picture of his plate during a fancy dinner somewhere for a blog or something. I'll have to try to make parmesan frico (had to Google it after seeing your photos).

Parmesan Frico's are really easy as long as you have a silicon baking mat. Set the oven to 375, grate the parmesan using the large holes of your grater and spread thinly in the shape you want, add some fresh ground pepper and watch it closely. They are easy to burn and if you remove it from the oven to early they end up greasy and soggy.
    Twitter: @PeterDaEater

Pan seared salmon with roasted beet, apple, lentil salad and roasted asparagus.

~Kev~

Looking good, nice colors and tasted great I bet

Tonight for dinner my wife was in the mood for something a little bit lighter. Here we have spring salad with grilled chicken breast, champagne mustard vinaigrette and parmesan frico.

Yummi

That does look yummy!

+ Reply to Thread