Quantcast
Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us! - Page 5
Page 5 of 186 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial

Chaz, is that a seaweed salad (first pic)? If so, what's in it?

Seaweed salad, tuna, scalions, a little siracha, sesame seeds, tuna sashimi cut to look like a rose (I cut the slices too thick).

The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial

Sounds (and looks) good to me!

My wife made something special today. It's called Bun Bo Hue, Central Vietnam's spicy beef noodle soup, with pork trotters.
    It's got sliced bottom round, sliced beef shank meat, pork trotters, rice vermicelli in a spicy broth with a whole bunch of chiles, lemon grass and spices.

Oh My that looks GREAT!

Arrrggggg!!!!! Food lust!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Moved the coffee chat HERE

Some mid-service photos. Apologize for less than stellar quality. Was trying to take a picture before putting the plates out.

First Dish - Antipasti Misti consisting of House Marinated Olives, Gorgonzola Dolce, Grape-leaf wrapped goat feta cheese, Eggplant caponata, Marinated Calabresea peppers, house made pickles, Duck Confit Rillet. the Sliced meats are Pata Negra Bellota, Iberico Lomo, Sweet and Spicy Soperasata, and house made Prosciutto Di Parma aged 24mos.

Second dish is a Farmer Salad with Lemon parm vinaigrette, Lardons of our house made applewood smoked bacon, Levain bread croutons, parm cheese, mixed greens from our garden, and a soft poached egg. (and a cameo of my Hiromoto AS Gyuto in the background. :P)

Third dish is our Grilled Kumomoto Oysters with ramps and peppers, topped with ramp butter and garlic levain crumbs.

Fourth Dish is a Beet timbale with blood orange supremes, toasted pistachios, an arugula, frisee, and radicchio salad. Inside the timbale is chive goat cheese, diced beets and on the outside, are some smaller diced beets and the swoosh is pistachio andidina.

Fifth Dish is a Grilled Rack of Jamison Farms Lamb with a potato and stinging nettle gratin, a hash of fresh peas, favas, baby carrots, romanesco, tossed in a green garlic pesto. Theres some kale under the lamb and the sauce is a simple lamb jus. The lamb was ordered mid rare closer to the rare side, so I made it how I would have eaten it. :P

Super busy night tonight. In the lamb picture, all those containers were once full.

A quick stir fry I did tonight

That antipasti and rack of lamb looks awesome! (sorry -- I don't like beets )