Page 50 of 188 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

In the mood for steak again tonight. Filet mignon, wild rice, and stuffed tomato (insides scooped out and chopped up with basil, garlic, salt & pepper, and mozzarella cheese). Not fancy, but good.

All it needs is a little garnish!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Garnish schmarnish. I would need a fork, some wine, and to be left the hell alone!

Senior Member AFKitchenknivesguy's Avatar
    Fired up the Big Green Egg for a few of my favorite things:

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Jason

That food looks good was just at a local BBQ store today obsessing on the big green egg xl. Figure it will be in the next 90 days.

Senior Member AFKitchenknivesguy's Avatar
    This is real American food in my book. The BGE is an amazing piece of equipment that transforms ordinary food into extroidinary food. I think i've started getting the hang of it. I made a few mistakes and was able to fix them. I also exchanged my gasket for a high heat gasket, which IMO made a difference. The important thing about this is not the temperature so much as the consistant temperature combined with direct, flavorful heat source. I am in no way an amazing cook, but this make me feel like it. BTW, I also made country pork ribs with dry rub, and tri steak with another version of dry rub to medium. Oh yeah, the steaks were medium rare, but the pink doesn't photo well and they were too juicy to wait to eat.
    Jason

Another brisket why not, like 16 hours on the egg.

Just did fish on the BGE tonight. To be honest, I'm not sure if I'm sold on the BGE yet. Have had it a month so far.

On the other hand, fava beans hit our market today.....made bruschetta with fava, peas, parm, mint and topped with Burrata....pretty much anything with grilled bread is a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by rahimlee54 View Post

Another brisket why not, like 16 hours on the egg.
    Looks good. Low and slow

I told my wife that when we buy a house, a BGE is part of the deal... no BGE = No House...

I want one soooo bad