Quantcast
Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us! - Page 54
Page 54 of 187 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Jim, Nothing like a properly chilled hand crank. In fact, I use my stones to flatten both the blade and die before grinding. Then crank the nut that holds the plate as hard as I can, then back off a little. People get so worked up about not having to do the "work" of grinding meat.

Five pounds took me ten minutes without one bit of meat smear. Try that KA attachments. Trick is well marbled cold meat that has been washed and pat dried. Use a cold/sharp manual grinder or dedicated metal grinder then move the ground meat back into the cold as quickly as possible. Then clean up. Keep it clean, quick and cold.

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    yep keeping everything cold is the biggest part. I had a friend that would do huge amounts of burger. When his die would get warm he would change it out for a new one. He had 3 or 4 in the fridge all the time.

My perfect week of meals would be 2 nights at Jim's house, 2 nights at bieniek's house, and rotate the other 3 nights among everyone else.

Deal, but I go to Jims the two other nights with ya

I just want to be at one of your houses when you cook something on the Big Green Egg. I keep reading all about those things and the food you all make looks so good!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    With all the wonderful plating posted recently- I offer this hot mess for your comic relief- Angus porterhouse reverse seared to Deliciousosity.

Reverse seared sounds like BGE talk. How long at what temp and then what temp did you take it up to with times. Looks good. Want to try it on my favorite Martian.

I'm cooking up some leftover pork from a small butt that I egged a few days ago, with some fingerling spuds, garlic, broccoli and scallion. The tip on the knife that I made works really well for peeling broccoli stems and mining garlic, BTW.
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeC View Post
    I'm cooking up some leftover pork from a small butt that I egged a few days ago, with some fingerling spuds, garlic, broccoli and scallion. The tip on the knife that I made works really well for peeling broccoli stems and mining garlic, BTW.
    I am egging a filet mignon on my mini tonight getting an xl when I get my tax return. I don't know how anyone would peel or mince without a good knife that does tip work.

The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial

Quote Originally Posted by Deckhand View Post
    I am egging a filet mignon on my mini tonight getting an xl when I get my tax return. I don't know how anyone would peel or mince without a good knife that does tip work.
    I'll take the mini off your hands when you're done with it

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew H View Post
    I'll take the mini off your hands when you're done with it
    It's a whole new world. Enjoying BGE forums. BBQ'd for years never thought of things like putting meat and vegetables on separate skewers for different cook times, red neck sous vide in crock pot before cooking steak, direct vs indirect, reverse sear etc. etc. lots of fun. Can't wait to get my woo ring and some pizza stones.