Quantcast
Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us! - Page 55
+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 180 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Quote Originally Posted by Deckhand View Post
    Reverse seared sounds like BGE talk. How long at what temp and then what temp did you take it up to with times. Looks good. Want to try it on my favorite Martian.
    "Getto dry aged" for a couple of days, then at 200 degrees for 16 minutes (oven) then out to a scalding hot lump fire on my weber kettle for a couple of minutes on each side. Perfect Medium and no grey ring. Good luck with your new Egg!

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeC View Post
    I'm cooking up some leftover pork from a small butt that I egged a few days ago, with some fingerling spuds, garlic, broccoli and scallion. The tip on the knife that I made works really well for peeling broccoli stems and mining garlic, BTW.
    Mmmmm BBQ leftovers!

So I just moved to Texas about a month ago. My grandpa lives here and he has a small collection of Lodge camp Dutch ovens that he can't use because he's too old to mess with building a campfire. So myself and a buddy Surprised him by building him a steel table for the Dutch ovens. Yup, it's ugly but it was built using only free scrap my friend had on his property. It's also much sturdier than the table that Lodge sells for $250 and is wide enough for 3 ovens. I've always been a cast iron fan and wanted to build one of these tables so once I realized how much my grandpa would enjoy this I knew I had to do it. He was absolutely ecstatic when we showed it to him. The innagural cook was some simple baked beans to compliment some ribs we smoked and then the next morning I made a big ol one pot breakfast of eggs, homemade sausage, potatoes and onion. We all had a blast using it and look forward to experimenting with this method of cooking even more

Yesterday I smoked a butt.

Real technical like. Here's my fancy rig, one hour in:

[QUOTE=Jim;106503]"Getto dry aged" for a couple of days, then at 200 degrees for 16 minutes (oven) then out to a scalding hot lump fire on my weber kettle for a couple of minutes on each side. Perfect Medium and no grey ring. Good luck with your new Egg!

Thanks for the food advice and the egg congratulations.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    So I just moved to Texas about a month ago. My grandpa lives here and he has a small collection of Lodge camp Dutch ovens that he can't use because he's too old to mess with building a campfire. So myself and a buddy Surprised him by building him a steel table for the Dutch ovens. Yup, it's ugly but it was built using only free scrap my friend had on his property. It's also much sturdier than the table that Lodge sells for $250 and is wide enough for 3 ovens. I've always been a cast iron fan and wanted to build one of these tables so once I realized how much my grandpa would enjoy this I knew I had to do it. He was absolutely ecstatic when we showed it to him. The innagural cook was some simple baked beans to compliment some ribs we smoked and then the next morning I made a big ol one pot breakfast of eggs, homemade sausage, potatoes and onion. We all had a blast using it and look forward to experimenting with this method of cooking even more

That is really cool and an even better story for your grandpa.

Quote Originally Posted by BurkeCutlery View Post
    Yesterday I smoked a butt.

Real technical like. Here's my fancy rig, one hour in:
    Wish I had the money to fly out for the gathering. That looks great!

Senior Member AFKitchenknivesguy's Avatar
    So you got a mini huh? I would get one, but they are pretty pricey considering how small they are. Look forward to seeing your XL and what you do with it.

BTW, I made some pizza on my egg and it is the b.est pizza i've had in forever. And I am from Philly
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by AFKitchenknivesguy View Post
    So you got a mini huh? I would get one, but they are pretty pricey considering how small they are. Look forward to seeing your XL and what you do with it.

BTW, I made some pizza on my egg and it is the b.est pizza i've had in forever. And I am from Philly
    Yes got a mini. Figured it was something I could fire up guilt free whenever and could take anywhere. I will definitely post photos of cooks when I get the xl including pizza. Part of the reason I want the xl is for ribs.
    That is quite a statement on the pizza. California pizza is no good. Best I ever had was Genos east in the water tower district of Chicago then we would rent a car and go to Indy 500. Hey it was rough

Chicago deep dish or stuffed pie is hard to beat but a really different beast. Welcome to the egghead clan Deckhand!
    Jason does Philly do coal fired pizza with clams?

Dave

Senior Member AFKitchenknivesguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckfat View Post
    Chicago deep dish or stuffed pie is hard to beat but a really different beast. Welcome to the egghead clan Deckhand!
    Jason does Philly do coal fired pizza with clams?

Dave
    Can't say they do, but it's a possibility.
    Jason

+ Reply to Thread