Quantcast
Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us! - Page 57
+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 180 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107157 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Quote Originally Posted by AFKitchenknivesguy View Post
    Awesome pic Jim, could be a magazine cover pic.
    Thanks Jason, it's a homage to my grandmother who always made them for holidays.

My bride brought home a very small cryo-vaced beef tenderloin, unforgivably, it had little to recommend for itself. After removing all the connective tissue and whatnot there was so little left that I thought I would roll it into a roast.

After a few days of "dry aging" in the refridge-

And after a reverse cook in the oven-

Chive flowers really take those eggs to another level. How long did you dry age 45 days?

Man, you guys really make me want to learn how to cook.....

What is a reverse sear or reverse cook ?

Quote Originally Posted by welshstar View Post
    Cook meat first then crank heat up and sear vs sear then lower temp to cook. Rest meat during temp change. Big green egg guys use this lingo a lot but may be used elsewhere.
    They have a couple active forums.

The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial

Quote Originally Posted by welshstar View Post
    Like Deckhand said you cook the meat to just below your desired internal temp without searing the meat. A 250 degree oven for example. Then you sear the outside of the meat just before serving on a hot pan or grill, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew H View Post
    Like Deckhand said you cook the meat to just below your desired internal temp without searing the meat. A 250 degree oven for example. Then you sear the outside of the meat just before serving on a hot pan or grill, etc.
    That about covers it, in this case I cooked at 240 for quite a while then cranked up the oven to 500 on convection and threw it back in to finish. Juicy and tender.

It's the only way I cook roast beef any more--put it in a 200-225 degree oven, let it get to the desired temperature, take it out to rest while the oven heats to 450, and then stick it back in to crisp up the outside. The beef gets really tender, and it's pretty forgiving. You also have meat that is pink throughout, without any gray ring.

This roast didn't get taken out in time, but you're cooking is so slowly that it's still pretty good when it's overcooked a little bit like this one was.

Name:  P1050624a.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  17.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Deckhand View Post
    Chive flowers really take those eggs to another level. How long did you dry age 45 days?
    Richard, sorry I just saw this. No just a few days in the fridge with a little salt to dry the meat up a little. Thanks for the nice comments on the eggs, GlassEye was the inspiration with the chive flowers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Richard, sorry I just saw this. No just a few days in the fridge with a little salt to dry the meat up a little. Thanks for the nice comments on the eggs, GlassEye was the inspiration with the chive flowers.
    Glad to hear I was able to inspire.

+ Reply to Thread