Page 61 of 189 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 610 of 1889

Thread: Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

  1. #601
    Veal rib chop - stuffed with Fontina, Proscuitto and sage...grillled on the BGE....served with whipped potatoes, brussels sprouts and mushroName:  IMG_2684.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  21.1 KBoms.

  2. #602
    Senior Member Deckhand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Costa Mesa California
    Posts
    1,732
    Every part of that looks sooo... Good! Did you sous vide that veal chop first or just grill it? That is one heck of an appetizing meal!

  3. #603
    Senior Member K-Fed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Palm City, FL
    Posts
    765
    Grilled pompano escabeche.



    And a smoked turkey I did on my day off...


  4. #604
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckhand View Post
    Every part of that looks sooo... Good! Did you sous vide that veal chop first or just grill it? That is one heck of an appetizing meal!
    Thanks Deck! I just grilled the chop. I'm a fan of the reverse sear method...but these veal chops, although thick, cook quickly. With the BGE, I sear them at 500 plus on both sides, then kill the heat down to 350 or so, and it's less than 8 minutes to 140 internal. Very different than how I would cook a steak.

  5. #605
    Senior Member TamanegiKin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    En mi querida Ciudad de Los Angeles
    Posts
    471
    Bread pudding tonight with extra bits that were laying around.
    Basic custard base with the addition of coffee and cinnamon.
    In with the bread there are toasted pecans, banana and semi sweet chocolate.
    Boiling that can of condensed milk for a couple hours to make dulce de leche and add a bit of meyers dark rum and cinnamon to that.


  6. #606
    Senior Member TamanegiKin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    En mi querida Ciudad de Los Angeles
    Posts
    471
    @K-Fed, that pompano with escabeche sounds and looks great.

  7. #607
    Senior Member Deckhand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Costa Mesa California
    Posts
    1,732
    Quote Originally Posted by TamanegiKin View Post
    Bread pudding tonight with extra bits that were laying around.
    Basic custard base with the addition of coffee and cinnamon.
    In with the bread there are toasted pecans, banana and semi sweet chocolate.
    Boiling that can of condensed milk for a couple hours to make dulce de leche and add a bit of meyers dark rum and cinnamon to that.

    That sounds good. Love bread and rice pudding. Comfort food to me.

  8. #608
    TamanegKin, did you instagram that photo? Where is the finished result, you can't just tease us with with your mise en place?
    Twitter: @PeterDaEater

  9. #609
    Quote Originally Posted by Namaxy View Post
    Veal rib chop - stuffed with Fontina, Proscuitto and sage...grillled on the BGE....served with whipped potatoes, brussels sprouts and mushroName:  IMG_2684.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  21.1 KBoms.

    +1,837,083 !!!!!!

    That sounds absolutely delicious
    Twitter: @PeterDaEater

  10. #610
    K-Fed,

    Your grilled pompano escabeche, looks and sounds delicious. Did your pops catch it or is that from the local market for your restaurant?
    Twitter: @PeterDaEater

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •