Page 63 of 189 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

S'more a la Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Lucretia View Post
    Bread pudding looks fantastic!

Safety tip:

Be aware boiling a can of condensed milk can be dangerous. Never tried it, but I've heard that you have to keep the can covered with water the whole time or it can burst. You also want to let the can cool before you open it. Found this site that has a couple alternative approaches to boiling the can.
    Thanks! Yea no kidding, when I was working at Red O in l.a. we boiled cans every day.
    One day the cans had been set aside to cool in the pot they'd been boiled in, the water had been dumped.
    A prep cook came by and put them back on the flame as most of us were outside having staff meal.
    Well less than ten minutes later there were a couple explosions and several cooks covered in hot ass condensed milk.
    Luckily no one was hurt by the tin can bits flying about but it took a LONG time to get rid of the milk on the walls and ceilings. Lol, definitely something I'll never forget
    Thanks for bringing this safety point up!

Bone in Ribeye on sale /drool

Quote Originally Posted by TamanegiKin View Post
    Thanks! Yea no kidding, when I was working at Red O in l.a. we boiled cans every day.
    One day the cans had been set aside to cool in the pot they'd been boiled in, the water had been dumped.
    A prep cook came by and put them back on the flame as most of us were outside having staff meal.
    Well less than ten minutes later there were a couple explosions and several cooks covered in hot ass condensed milk.
    Luckily no one was hurt by the tin can bits flying about but it took a LONG time to get rid of the milk on the walls and ceilings. Lol, definitely something I'll never forget
    Thanks for bringing this safety point up!
    That is why I wrap them in a towel before I boil them and cover them with a plate.
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

so yummy

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Pork cutlets, baked taters,string beans.

I love to learn cooking that's why I am here. I'd love the way it cook I for sure will surely enjoy eating that.hahahah!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DwarvenChef View Post

Bone in Ribeye on sale /drool
    Don't know how I missed that - one gorgeous piece of meat!!!

Just finished making a poultry brine and cut up four chickens for Thomas Keller's buttermilk fried chicken tomorrow. Pictures will be posted when I finish cooking dinner tomorrow.
    Twitter: @PeterDaEater

Quote Originally Posted by Namaxy View Post
    Don't know how I missed that - one gorgeous piece of meat!!!
    I seared the ribeye and put it in the oven on a different pan. I pan fried the potatoes in the same pan I seard the ribeye in... Sooo gooood

Quote Originally Posted by DwarvenChef View Post
    I seared the ribeye and put it in the oven on a different pan. I pan fried the potatoes in the same pan I seard the ribeye in... Sooo gooood
    Yep looks good. Love meat and potatoes. Interesting shape on the potatoes. Looks like the skin was knife cut off instead of peeled kind of hexagon almost like a tourne then sliced.

Quote Originally Posted by Deckhand View Post
    Yep looks good. Love meat and potatoes. Interesting shape on the potatoes. Looks like the skin was knife cut off instead of peeled kind of hexagon almost like a tourne then sliced.
    Ya was feeling lazy lol plus I have been working on a knife I have had sence I moved out on my own. A Chicago Cutlery parry that has a plastic contured handle, think it was 5 bucks at the time and it was my first purchased knife as a solo person. It doesn't hold an edge for crap but I LOVE the handle shape and blade combo. Seriously thinking of sending it to a custom maker that would copy it for me in a real steel But that will be later on.