Quantcast
Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us! - Page 78
Page 78 of 182 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128178 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

A quick post-ride lunch. Fritatta of leftover green beans, mushrooms, chicken, topped with gruyere and pepper; in the new-ish DeBuyer.

Gotta love the frittatas!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Bulldogbacchus is generously passing around his Mike Davis gyuto from this thread. The knife came today, so what better way to try it out making chicken ponzu.

First, bell pepper and celery.

Then, mushrooms.

Carrots and sugar snap peas.

Chicken (yeah, it's a bamboo board, but I only use it for chicken).

The chicken, tossed in cornstarch.

All the veggies in the pan. Not shown is garlic and green onions.

Add a mixture of cornstarch, ponzu sauce, oyster sauce, water, brown sugar, and a dash of sesame oil. Cook until thickened. Serve over rice.

Top with sliced green onion tops.

Finis.

The Ponzu chicken looks delicious. Nice knife too!

I have, and will continue, to hate on bamboo boards as much as I can. But I do remember that chicken slipped a lot less on it than on any other board.

Quote Originally Posted by BurkeCutlery View Post
    I have, and will continue, to hate on bamboo boards as much as I can. But I do remember that chicken slipped a lot less on it than on any other board.
    The knife hardly screamed at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Pensacola Tiger View Post
    The knife hardly screamed at all.
    If there is a pun there, I don't get it.

Dinner tonight was something I've been craving: Sweet Green Curry!

The light in my house is terrible for pictures. But it was fantastic, and my daughters ate the heck out of it, because I made theirs totally non-spicy.

The smell of lime leaves simmering in coconut milk gives me a serious food boner.

The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial

If there is a pun there, I don't get it.

Dinner tonight was something I've been craving: Sweet Green Curry!

The light in my house is terrible for pictures. But it was fantastic, and my daughters ate the heck out of it, because I made theirs totally non-spicy.

The smell of lime leaves simmering in coconut milk gives me a serious food boner.
    That looks fantastic, Eamon! Was the dragon fruit for the curry or for snacking?

Cool !!

Hi Eamon,

I was taught to cut up the lime leaves into small pieces and add just before you take it off the heat. Would you please explain how you are using the leaves.

Yes I agree the smell of these leaves is stimulating!!

Thanks!!!!

Yeah the dragon fruit was for splitting with my babies. They loved it!

I just bruised the lime leaves and added them to the pot with the curry paste and last veggies. I know it's not exactly traditional order, but I had to mix some things up. Since I can only get canned coconut milk, it won't break, so I have to cook the chicken in coconut oil itself, and there is no insulation for the curry paste mix, the oil will just burn it. Given the fresh herb nature, I opted to cook the chicken, then add the coconut milk, heat it up, then add in the eggplant and pepper with the lime leaves, and after it softened, I put in the curry paste, and some basil stems, lemongrass scraps, zest, and a few more lime leaves and turned my stove down as low as it would go, for as long as it took to cook the rice.

We ate a LOT of curry last night.