Quantcast
Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us! - Page 9
Page 9 of 187 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Quote Originally Posted by stereo.pete View Post
    I gained some serious weight over the winter months so now I'm back to my eating healthy routine and was surprised at how good this filet of Steelhead came out. I figured I would share it with you guys even though I spent no time on presentation. I added salt, pepper, cilantro, lemon zest, soy sauce and olive oil and then grilled for a couple of minutes on each side. The result is a very flavorful filet of fish that I was not expecting to taste this good.

Wouldn't mind having this for lunch right now...

Some fiddlehead ferns I picked by my friends pond.
    And then later in the cast iron for dinner..

I've always been tempted to go pick my own fiddleheads in the spring, but never have. They grow in abundance around Ontario.

Correct me if I'm wrong but when the tips of fiddleheads unfurl they go from being edible to being poisonous. Truly an interesting and exotic vegetable.

Quote Originally Posted by stereo.pete View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but when the tips of fiddleheads unfurl they go from being edible to being poisonous. Truly an interesting and exotic vegetable.
    Fiddleheads are just immature ferns. There are thousands of kinds of ferns in the world, some of which are poisonous. To the best of my knowledge, the ones eaten most often in North America are Ostrich ferns, which are not poisonous. If they're eaten raw in quantities, they'll give a pretty upset stomach.

Does anyone know of an uploader that doesn't reduce image quality to such terrible resolutions?
    Last edited by Avishar; 05-17-2011 at 01:16 AM. Reason: double post *doh*

Confit Chicken Wings, Kecap Manis Glaze

Chilean Sea Bass, Chorizo Dirty Rice, Tomatillo "Gazpacho"

Beignets

Tasmanian Salmon

Quote Originally Posted by Avishar View Post
    Does anyone know of an uploader that doesn't reduce image quality to such terrible resolutions?
    Looks like you've got some really nice food photography; shame about the resolution being squashed.

I really like Google's Picasa service. You can upload manually to the web album, but they also have a really awesome free program that works well for organizing you photos locally and then uploading large batches quickly.

http://picasa.google.com/support/bin...ide=16027&rd=1

I use flickr for convenience as I share a login with my yahoo or gmail account. The good thing about flickr is that you can choose the image size that you want to link. A few more steps, but overall worth the trouble.

Looking good. Kecap manis? Where are you from avishar?

Heck, even I have a bottle of Kecap Manis! Doesn't everyone?
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig