Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi-Soft Cutting Boards

Hi-Soft Cutting Boards

There was a nice discussion going on about these in the "shig/kato as tools" thread but I was thought it deserved it's own thread, especially as I wanted to ask more questions.

They seem designed to work at a prep/sushi table - long and narrow. There are smaller versions that are more rectangular but I am interested in a larger version. So... they have this size: http://www.korin.com/TK-203-01-120?s...ategory=286082 which is too large, but would be perfect if I cut it in half. Is this possible with a table saw and a finish/veneer blade? IF so this would be perfect. Has anyone tried this??

Bill

Administrator
    I've heard of this and was a little too late to buy the 2nd half. Will pm details.

Older and wider..

I'd be curious on the same question about the sani-tuff
    as they also have 1" that would be great if you could cut them in half !

:dunno:

I'm 95% certain the sani-tuffs can be cut, but am too lazy to search for old threads.

Hi Bill13,

Likely doesn't help you here but they water-jet perfectly ... working in aerospace has it's advantage's ... if you know anyone with a high end machine shop you might want to ask for a quick cut. Won't take more than 30 seconds ... I bought the largest one from Korin on a similar sale and it is definitely the way to go (I had it cut for 25" & 22" inches though as I wanted on slightly longer than the other but be careful with under counter storage heights).

Quote Originally Posted by Bill13 View Post
    There was a nice discussion going on about these in the "shig/kato as tools" thread but I was thought it deserved it's own thread, especially as I wanted to ask more questions.

They seem designed to work at a prep/sushi table - long and narrow. There are smaller versions that are more rectangular but I am interested in a larger version. So... they have this size: http://www.korin.com/TK-203-01-120?s...ategory=286082 which is too large, but would be perfect if I cut it in half. Is this possible with a table saw and a finish/veneer blade? IF so this would be perfect. Has anyone tried this??

Bill

Administrator
    I've cut the sani-tuff, bought a large one from Amazon and needed a small piece for counter on food truck. Easy day.
    Older and wider..

Quote Originally Posted by daveb View Post
    I've cut the sani-tuff, bought a large one from Amazon and needed a small piece for counter on food truck. Easy day.
    cool thanks! what tools?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by HRC_64 View Post
    cool thanks! what tools?
    Just a table saw and a quick once over with a palm sander.
    Older and wider..

I have two smaller Hi-Soft boards I purchased from Korin and like them a lot (though they're quite heavy for their size). I can tell that I'll eventually want to refinish them. Anyone sanded theirs? I'd think you'd want to avoid power sanders, as the boards aren't rated for high temperatures and the heat caused by friction might be too much.

I am on the verge puff refinishing one myself. They are also great for car travel. I've not tried to lug one on a flight yet.

"Into a country where the jails are full, and the mad houses closed." - Charles Bukowski