Quantcast
Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us! - Page 52
Page 52 of 186 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Now I'm starving, and it won't be time to eat for a couple of hours. Looks wonderful! Do you make your own venison sausage?

Description right under the photo.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucretia View Post

I thought that the description was pretty clear......
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeC View Post
    I just didn't see it.

Blinded by the photo I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Deckhand View Post
    Might try alder or cedar planking like this
    http://youvegottotastethis.myrecipes...ed-salmon.html

Or tossing some alder wood chips in.

Also, some people seem to like these seasonings.
    http://www.dizzypigbbq.com/HTMLrubs/tsunami.html

Good luck.
    Thanks Deck!!

To be more specific, it's not the recipes, but the fire control. I'm not used to adjusting temps and flame level at the higher temp range with just air. I'm very comfortable using an offset smoker, and controlling the temps in the low 200's by adjusting the air inlet and the flue. And when I'm in the mood for 'easy-mode' I use my Cookshack (which I'll agree feels like cheating). In the past, when I wanted pure charcoal/wood grilling, I used a Cajun grill. I love how quickly you can raise and lower the flame...the downside is you use a boatload of charcoal, and it's hard to retain heat for long cooks. That's what attracted me to the BGE. I'm still in the learning mode.

Assumption is thta Johnny and actually read past that deliciousness!

Sorry no pictures, the battery died, butt I did some sockeye salmon on the BGE with some EVOO, chopped garlic, pepper and a pinch of herbs de province, and dished onto some cannellini bean stoup with BBQ rib meat.
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Sorry no pictures, the battery died, butt I did some sockeye salmon on the BGE with some EVOO, chopped garlic, pepper and a pinch of herbs de province, and dished onto some cannellini bean stoup with BBQ rib meat.
    That makes me hungry without the pics. Sounds great!

BURP!!
    Spike C
    Pirsig

Now I'm starving, and it won't be time to eat for a couple of hours. Looks wonderful! Do you make your own venison sausage?
    I "harvest", ok... take/hunt, field dress, and on occasion, butcher my own deer.

In this case, the venison was rendered by a local shop where you are able to choose how you want the meat processed.
    Choices include roasts, steaks, chops, maple or spicy sticks, jerky, brats, etc.

Yep :

Smoked venison sausage w/raw serranos, olive oil and thyme baked potatoes/onions/yams, and egg.

The potato, yam, and onion concoction is basically an idiot proof, healthy, and very tasty recipe.
    They go over well in our busy household. It keeps & reheats well for breakfast, lunch, or dinner...
    The best part of that dealio is all the cutting involved.