Page 102 of 189 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1883

Thread: Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Now I've got a variant of the Dr. Demento classic going in my head...

Pig heads! Pig head! Roly poly pig heads! Pig heads! Pig heads! Eat them up, Yum!
    Now is not the time to bother me. And it's always now. Wiley Miller

Senior Member AFKitchenknivesguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratton View Post
    Hi Jason,

One of your problems is that you grilled it too long!! You should only be searing the outside for 30 seconds or so per side on a very hot pan or with a torch. At 3 minutes a side you are cooking the steak more instead of just searing it.
    You are likely right.
    Jason

Pork tenderloin with stir fry veggies:

Name:  StirFry2.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  19.1 KB

Name:  StirFry.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  21.6 KB

Now is not the time to bother me. And it's always now. Wiley Miller

Love the knife and mmm pork tenderloin.
    Jason

That knife is secksy!!!!
    Twitter: @PeterDaEater

Friday is my only day my shift doesn't start till the afternoon, so I'm normally up at th crack of dawn (or earlier) to bake. Being a baker first, line cook second, you would think I get tired of making bread, but I love it! Fridays I wake up early and bake for myself and girlfriend, bake and deliver fresh bread to my parents for the weekend, and experiment on dvloping new recipes and techniques.

This is my latest fermentation: sourdough country with spelt, hand ground amaranth (not fun, kept clogging my grinder,) flaxseed flour. Those make 45% of th grain bill, th rest is a fine grind of white flour (I grind my own flour.) not as wet as my normal breads at 74% hydration. If only you can smell. It comes out the oven in 5 mins, and I'm excited.

Jmadams13, are you in the York area? I am from Lancaster and miss my country cooking. BTW, I am a big bread baker, although this altitude sucks at rising bread. Four more years to retirement and I am returning home!

Great looking loaf BTW!
    Jason

I'm in Hanover. I grew up in Baltimore (highlandtown for you baltimorians) but moved to Westminster MD in my teens, then to Hanover in my early twenties when I moved out, been here since. I actually live in McSherrystown, but I consider it Hanover since its just over the Adams county line. I do have a warm spot for the local cooking myself too. Oh the hot dogs and turtle soup.... Now I'm getting hungry.

Have you considered a homemade proofing box? Made one years ago out of a big plastic tub and an aquarium heater in a few inches of water for a friend who moved to Denver, said it worked like a charm. A fast search on thefreshloaf.com will give you ideas. There is actually a few very informative threads on high altitude baking over there. Sometimes a small adjustment in hydration can be all you need.
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!" -Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

My quick little lunch. Jungle Fowl skewers with a hoisin glaze, grilled in my toaster oven, yup toaster oven, bread in my oven still. My parents maintain jungle fowl, a South American chicken. The meat is a little gamier than regular chicken, and a tad fattier, but still tastes like chicken. Yummy stuff. The eggs aren't bad either.

"This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!" -Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

Did a special request dinner last night. A few of the dishes.