Quantcast
Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us! - Page 132
+ Reply to Thread
Page 132 of 180 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 1795

Thread: Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Quote Originally Posted by Igasho View Post
    do you use coffee in your pork recipe?
    No no coffee that's what happens when you do a hard dry smoke at the beginning. I use a homemade creole seasoning that I make.

been eating waay too much oatmeal and salads. decided it was "time"

food processor time!! made burgers.

blue cheese burgers!

We have Rubens at the bistro this week for St. Pattys day, so I'm baking a sourdough rye this week. Looks better in person. The kitchen lights wash everything out. And for s&g's a pic of the sour ciabatta I make daily for our sandwiches.

"This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!" -Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

if only rye didn't cost so much here. only place you get them here is healthy options and they charge an arm and a leg.

Chicken chili. The kidney beans are a mistake, usually just use black beans but grabbed the wrong can. We eat it over brown basmati rice.

Name:  ChixChili2.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  23.0 KB

For desert, made a paste of fresh mint, lime zest, and sugar. Mixed it in with some lime juice, lemon juice, and confectioner's sugar then tossed with some fresh berries and poppy seeds. Served with angel food cake and vanilla ice cream drizzled with a balsamic vinegar/port/chocolate syrup.

Name:  Desert.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  24.9 KB
    Now is not the time to bother me. And it's always now. Wiley Miller

Quote Originally Posted by franzb69 View Post
    if only rye didn't cost so much here. only place you get them here is healthy options and they charge an arm and a leg.
    That sucks. I get my rye from a local mill. It's actually a museum with a working mid 1800's stone mill powered by the stream on property. The only thing is I can only get my rye when they have school groups visiting. The demonstrate the mill, and a few bakeries and myself get the grains. It's the Union Mills Homestead in Westminster MD for you local guys
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!" -Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

That sucks. I get my rye from a local mill. It's actually a museum with a working mid 1800's stone mill powered by the stream on property. The only thing is I can only get my rye when they have school groups visiting. The demonstrate the mill, and a few bakeries and myself get the grains. It's the Union Mills Homestead in Westminster MD for you local guys
    great for you, at least you pretty much get it straight from the mill. =D

it's insane how much rye is charged for here. sourdough starter as well! i'd rather make my own from the wild yeasts out here.

ahh well...an asian trying to live a western person's life in an asian country. lol.

Lol. You should try a yeast water culture for some sourdough. I started mine from some organic black tea and local honey. You take care of it like a regular starter in a way, but feed it with honey and water, ad replace a portion of the water in your dough with it. Works quite well after some experimenting. The great thing is it stays dormant in the fridge for weeks after ripe. An old neighbor of mine showed me this, her grandmother taught her from how they baked growing up in Vietnam. There is some info about it over at The Fresh Loaf. Worth looking into, as it would keep your flour costs down while maintaining a lactobacillus strain to bake with

thanks for the tip! will look into it when i get into baking sourdough bread.

=D

i rarely cook chinese food..but today, i was feeling it.

+ Reply to Thread