Quantcast
Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us! - Page 140
Page 140 of 186 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 1856

Thread: Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

I need one of those for the white anchovy fillets a friend gave me. That and some Kerrygold butter - yum.

I'm pretty happy with my Baquetts these days. I had a 19X14 X 1/4"carbon steel sheet made for my oven. makes all the difference. Releases heat much better than a baking stone regardless of thickness.

Looks good, one to the right, lol. Just kidding, just busting balls.

One criticism, if you don't mind, is your mix doesn't look quite compleat. Can the dough pass the window pane test after mixing? Would help with crumb. Not that yours doesn't look great, it does, but it could open it up a little

Jmad, I agree. This is actually a no kneed dough mix. I think this batch only sat for a few days. After sitting for a week, there was a much lighter crumb. not bad bread for little to no effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike9 View Post
    I need one of those for the white anchovy fillets a friend gave me. That and some Kerrygold butter - yum.
    OK - I had to settle for a garlic Italian baguette thing, but it's fresh baked today and this is an awesome treat. Italian white anchovy fillets packed in oil and vinegar with some herbs - really delicious with a tall glass of Dogfish Head 60 minute IPA.

i just wish dogfish head actually imported their stuff so i can try it out.

My loose interpretation of bangers and mash.

Twitter: @PeterDaEater

I like it Pete

I was shopping on my lunch hour . . . and I was hungry -so. I bought a garlic/rosemary pizza dough and cut it in half. I made a tomato sauce from scratch for one pie and a white sauce of olive oil, butter, grated parm and a few drops of truffle oil. Now I have wild boar sausage, shaved shallot, thin sliced kalamata olives, thin sliced crimini, shin red peppers, thin everything.

#1 Pizza - white sauce, mushrooms,, tomatoe, anchovy, basil, calamata olives and goat cheese. really super pizza.

Pizza #2 - a little more contemporary - sauce made from fresh pealed Romas, garlic some red pepper, and some basil and dry oregano + peperonchini salt to taste and a dash of truffle oil. It's good and I topped this one with sliced wild boar sausage,crimini, some shrooms, and a little shaved red pepper and q sprinkling of basil at the end

Those are some beautiful pies!
    Twitter: @PeterDaEater