Quantcast
Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us! - Page 142
Page 142 of 184 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 1839

Thread: Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Quote Originally Posted by joyless View Post
    i'm from poland and i've never seen pierogi, kielbasa and red cabbage on one plate before
    I'm from Detroit and have had some iteration of this in Hamtramck time back way back. Try it . . . you'll like it . . .

i'm from poland and i've never seen pierogi, kielbasa and red cabbage on one plate before
    and yet they look oh so good together. =D

i bet they taste better together as well

Quote Originally Posted by Mike9 View Post
    I'm from Detroit and have had some iteration of this in Hamtramck time back way back. Try it . . . you'll like it . . .
    Polish Village Cafe or Polonia? I'm from Detroit too, and can't wait to be back next month. PVC is my personal fav

All of the Farmstead Meatsmith videos on Vimeo inspired me to go to the butcher and get some chops cut for me.

Glaze was made by deglazing the pan with red wine, apple cider vinegar and sugar. These pork chops were next level...
    Twitter: @PeterDaEater

Yum. Looks great Pete
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!" -Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

Attachment 14650 A little feature I ran at work.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by jayhay View Post
    Polish Village Cafe or Polonia? I'm from Detroit too, and can't wait to be back next month. PVC is my personal fav
    I honestly don't remember we ate at different ones and I left Detroit in 1980. I do remember buying smoked chunk kielbasa from Markowycz's on Michigan in Dearborn. It was the best I've ever had - hot out of the smoker and with a loaf of hot bread from the bakery next door and a couple of cold beers it made for an awesome lunch.

I used to live down by Wayne U. and Greektown and The International was our favorite joint. Gus was very generous to share when he found out I had an interest in cooking. Small world -

Don't touch my d!ck. Dont touch my knife. ~ Anthony Bourdain ~

Looks good K-fed, I worked in florida for a bit at John's Island Club. Loved it down there.

We ran out of bread & sandwich rolls, so did some baking yesterday:

Name:  Bread1.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  12.7 KB

And so for breakfast this morning, some local pepper bacon, egg fried up in the drippings crispy on the outside and runny in the middle, scooped up with some bacon drippings on to a toasted piece of bread. (so simple compared to the fabulous things you guys are doing, but it was good!)

Name:  Breakfast.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  19.9 KB
    Now is not the time to bother me. And it's always now. Wiley Miller