Quantcast
Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us! - Page 150
Page 150 of 182 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 1820

Thread: Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

What is that paring knife Lucretia? That handle looks awesome!
    "A recipe has no soul. You as the cook must bring soul to the recipe." -Thomas Keller

It's a Rader. I absolutely love it. He doesn't like to make them, I don't think. It's got a little short stumpy blade that fits my little short stumpy hands perfectly, and it's outrageously comfortable. You don't even think about holding a knife--it's just a pointy little extension of your hand. Cleaning strawberries with it goes like crap through a goose.
    Now is not the time to bother me. And it's always now. Wiley Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Lucretia View Post
    Freezer jam (the lower sugar recipe.) I like it better than cooked jam.
    Lucretia, have you ever tried the Christine Ferber method of making jam?

It is superior to regular pectin jam recipes, by far. Basically, you slice the fruit and coat it with sugar ( 1/2 the volume of your fruit) and macerate overnight. The next day you strain off the liquid and boil it on high for 15 minutes, then add the fruit and a squeeze of lemon then boil for another 15 minutes. You get a naturally thick and tasty jam that uses much less sugar than traditional method. You can it in the normal manner.

In some of her other recipes that don't easily thicken or have enough natural pectin, she instructs you how to make your own pectin from green apples and use it for the base.

Her book is a revelation of sweet + savory combinations, but it's sometimes hard to find it.

Don't touch my d!ck. Dont touch my knife. ~ Anthony Bourdain ~

Quote Originally Posted by cnochef View Post
    Lucretia, have you ever tried the Christine Ferber method of making jam?
    Hadn't heard of her, but I just put her jams & jellies book on hold at the library. Thanks for the info!
    Now is not the time to bother me. And it's always now. Wiley Miller

Here is pork going on th4 grill

Last night's dinner of greens, eggs, sausage and garlic bread

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1557.JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	129.8 KB 
ID:	16613
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1561.JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	113.9 KB 
ID:	16614
    "Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough." —Mark Twain

Mano, I am intrigued by the greens recipe, would you mind sharing it with me either in this thread or via PM?
    Twitter: @PeterDaEater

Dice and saute' some red and green peppers, a few onions and bunch of scallions.
    Add minced garlic, s and p and whatever other herbs or spices you want.
    Throw in fresh spinach, arugula, chopped parsley, fennel fronds or whatever greens you have such as mint or Swiss chard.
    Cook them down with some more oil and chicken stock. They'll give off some liquid of their own, though.

You can fry the eggs separately or put them on top of the veggies, lid and let them steam.
    "Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough." —Mark Twain

Kind of an Asian grilled pork loin with spicy pineapple tempura.