Quantcast
Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us! - Page 151
+ Reply to Thread
Page 151 of 180 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 1795

Thread: Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

I don't know if I've posted this in this thread before. An oldie but one of my favorites. (Of mine) Masamoto honyaki 240

Trying to cut back on carbs a bit and eat a little healthier.

Twitter: @PeterDaEater

Quote Originally Posted by Salty dog View Post

Kind of an Asian grilled pork loin with spicy pineapple tempura.
    Scott, I love the idea of a pineapple tempura, well played!
    Twitter: @PeterDaEater

Had some leftover smoked pork butt, and with all the Paula Deen/sugary southern food trashing, it put me in the mood for some Brunswick Stew:

Name:  Brunswick.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  19.8 KB

Smoked pork, onions, lots of garlic, tomatoes (some of the last I put up last summer), and other goodies, including--yep--molasses and brown sugar. Balanced with cayenne, apple cider vinegar, and a buttload of black pepper. It was some kind of good last night, and will get better with age. Normally I'll make cornbread to go with it, but I'd just pulled our regular bread out of the oven so we had some multigrain bread (yep, with some honey in it) instead. And a cold brew or 2.
    Now is not the time to bother me. And it's always now. Wiley Miller

Lucretia, They through green beans in the BS in NC. You're looks robust and tasty

I've seen it with lima beans a lot, too, but they aren't popular at our house. Had half a head of cabbage in the fridge, so it got chopped up and tossed in just because it was there. I might make a point to regularly add cabbage--it was pretty good.

Lucretia, I also made a stew last night: Home made sausage browned in onions, added home made chix stock, cubed potatoes, crushed tomatos black bean and kale. Finished with garden cilantro ansd chives. Peasent food for a king.

Next time I'll remove the casing from the sausage before browing. Lesson learned.

Good tip about the cabbage. I've got a 1/2 head that Zwiffel left at my house on his cross-country trip. I think he pulled out of a field in Alabama is the size of a basketball. I'm always amazed at how long cabbage/kale last in the refrigerator.

Name:  photo[1].jpg
Views: 20
Size:  24.4 KB

Wow, that looks great! Give me a big bowl, a glass of wine, and a hunk of bread to swab the bowl with and I'm in heaven!

Doing a St. Louis slab today. I separated the skirt, trimmed some fat, pulled the membranes and applied rubs. Once my ghetto smoke setup got going I turned off the gas flame. I'll let these go 4-5 hrs then take to temperature. I have some wild boar sausage to go on later. I'm using apple, white oak and cherry for smoke - I wish I had some white oak acorns. I'll have to lay in a supply this fall.

Salmon with lemon risotto, asparagus, and beurre blanc.

+ Reply to Thread