Quantcast
Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us! - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 180 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Quote Originally Posted by monty View Post
    Here are my ribs from Monday. Believe it or not there is no sauce on these ribs.
    I find that hard to believe, so please FedEx them overnight so I may make a personal determination. I promise to return the bones.

Nice Ribs Monty!

Sorry about the thread redundency... Just uploaded a few more. I apologize in advance for all the large pictures.

The Zeemans sesami chicken

Looking tasty!

My father-in-law dropped some meatballs off for the wifey and I decided to do something a little different. Here we have a spinach salad with simple vinaigrette, roasted almond shavings, strawberries and meatballs topped off with a little lemon zest. It was surprisingly delicious!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Long overdue BBQ today-
    Turkey breast with plum wood, one juicy bird!

Beautiful looking bird, Jim! To change the subject, is that a Sani-Tuff cutting board you're using? If so, how do you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by cnochef View Post
    Beautiful looking bird, Jim! To change the subject, is that a Sani-Tuff cutting board you're using? If so, how do you like it?
    It is a Sani Tuff board Chef, I prefer it over most other boards. I think it is the most knife friendly. Easy to sanitize also. It can be soaked in a bleach solution, put in the dishwasher and after a decade or so of use you can sand it a little to freshen it up. I would not recommend the 1/2 inch board in the larger sizes. They can take a set if stored on edge. But even that is easy to fix in a warm oven on a sheet pan.

thats a sexy breast right there... mmm id love to get my mouth on that

The local store has pork ribs on sale, butt in the case they are all trimmed, so I asked if they had any still in the bag, and they accommodated me. I smear mustard all over them, then coat with my home made dry rub. The went into the Big Green Egg at 190º for 7 hours, and due to a late start they then rested till today in the fridge, reheating under foil at a bare 200º for a couple of hours. I made some salad with napa cabbage and cucumber with a ceasarish dressings. I had some carrots that held up a chicken while it roasted. I sliced then fairly thickly and browned them in some olive oil.
    No pics of the plating, butt got a record of the Q.
    The meat slides off the bone butt still has some bite to it!

Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

+ Reply to Thread