Quantcast
Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us! - Page 4
Page 4 of 187 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

First dish is a veal sweetbread with a red pea and pork belly cake, julienned watermelon radish and celery root topped with a congac demi-glace
    Second dish is a Kona Coffe sponge cake with currants, Johnny Walker Blue Creme Anglaise and a Rose Regale Sorbet.
    Third Dish is a Pan seared Florida Pompano in a Soy broth with Han-Tsumiji mushrooms, bok-choy, snap peas, baby pearl onions, quick fried tomatoes, and fennel.
    Fourth Dish is a Dry aged prime New York Strip with a sweet onion Soubise, grilled fennel, shallot jam, spinach and a fried quail egg.

That is amazing Chef!

Very nice indeed. The steak is a bit overcooked for me, but overall I would it it best use of JW Blue I have seen, much better than having to drink it...

Stefan

I agree. If I was going to be eating it, I would've preferred more on the mid-rare side. But that was for a party at the restaurant. Guest wanted it medium-midwell. Gah.

Last night I decided to make braised beef short ribs, Keller's mashed potatoes with garlic confit and grilled raddicho. Unfortunately the beef short ribs didn't turn out the way I wanted them to so I won't bother posting pictures and this was my first time dealing with raddicho, which was so bitter I threw it out. What did turn out to be an absolutely amazing dish was Thomas Keller's mashed potatoes with garlic confit. I very slowly over low heat cooked the garlic cloves and then using my food mill, mashed the potatoes with butter and garlic confit. I warmed up some heavy cream and slowly incorporated that until I had reached the desired consistency, add salt and pepper and they were the best mashed I had ever had.

I know presentation is not my best but the wifey and I were so hungry we started digging into the taters and then I realized, shoot I need to take a picture!

Quote Originally Posted by rysara View Post
    I agree. If I was going to be eating it, I would've preferred more on the mid-rare side. But that was for a party at the restaurant. Guest wanted it medium-midwell. Gah.
    Chef, that is some amazing work, please keep sharing it with us!

YUM O you boys can cook!
    Rach,
    I love a sharp knife almost as much as Dave!

OK something really special here.

Day old left over rice, eggs, onions, shrimp, edimame, and panchetta.

The Kids' favorite food.

Some sushi for a few friends the other day. Crappy cell pics.

And the best: Fried Shrimp Heads!

Great job, folks!

Everything looks so good, I'm going to add some photos after my vacation.